UK

5 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 4

S205 Touchpad issue

2013-01-31, 15:48 PM

Hi,

The following is driving me mad. Every time (or every other time) I try and do a simple mouse manouvre i.e. move from one part of the screen to another, the cursor just adopts this whatever it is and pauses. I just want the mousepad to be a mousepad, nothing fancy just from A to B and simple clicks. Whatever this is I'd like to turn it off. I've tried fiddling with a couple of settings but I dont know too much about these and not sure which setting I should be looking for:

Lenovo nightmare jpeg.jpg

Thanks if anyone can help.

Options

72 Posts

12-04-2012

Philippines

140 Signins

2186 Page Views

• Views: 2186
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: S205 Touchpad issue

2013-02-01, 17:58 PM

Hi Zach2k,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community Forums.  I hope I would be able to answer your question.

I tried to simulate the problem that you are having using an S205 unit that we have here available.  What you see here is the horizontal scroll option feature that is available under the Synaptics touchpad properties.

To access this you simply have to go to control panel and access the synaptics touchpad settings.  Listed below are the steps:

1. Go to start then control panel.

2. Under control panel look for hardware and sound -double click (View by: Category) then double click on mouse. 

or Under control panel look for mouse -double click (View by: Large or Small Icons)

3. Go to device settings tab, then hit settings, the properties of the Synaptics Touchpad should come up.

4. Click on the plus sign in front of the scrolling section then click One Finger Scrolling, uncheck the enable horizontal scrolling then hit apply.

This should disable the horizontal scroll feature, that  allows you to scroll through a document horizontally, this also comes up with the icon that you have on your screenshot.  If in case you still would like to keep the horizontal scroll feature you can change the size of the scroll region, under the scrolling region.

Also try checking and playing around other items in this section as this would allow you to customize your touchpad according to your needs.

Hope I answered your question.  Enjoy your S205.

Don

Options

3 Posts

01-31-2013

UK

5 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 3 of 4

2013-02-03, 18:16 PM

Thank you for your reply.

When I followed your instructions, however, the relevant settings were already unchecked as you can see in the screenshot below. And I am still getting the problem as described. I get the both the horizontal arrow as shown in the screenshot in my opening post, as well as the vertical one. It really is driving me mad.

link to image

image(s) >50k converted to the link(s)

Options

72 Posts

12-04-2012

Philippines

140 Signins

2186 Page Views

• Views: 2186
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-02-04, 18:56 PM

Hi Zach2k,

Aside from the One-Finger Scrolling, please also check if the same check boxes might be checked under the Two-Finger Scrolling section. The vertical and horizontal scroll bars would still come up.  Please check if this addresses the issue. If still no go then the next step that I can recommend would be to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad program.  You can do this by uninstalling the Synaptics Program listed under installed programs.

Here are the steps to uninstall the Synaptics drivers:

1.  Start then Control Panel then go to Uninstall a Program (View by: Category)

2.  Look for Synaptics Pointing Device Driver highlight then select uninstall.

You can reinstall it by going into your Lenovo D drive. Go into the drivers folder, go into the touchpad folder, then run the Setup.exe file.

I hope this addresses your concern.

Don 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete