7 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 3

S210 touch screen works only in system restore screen and safe mode

2015-10-30, 12:54 PM

Hi all,

I have huge problem with my S210 Touch.

I cracked the touch screen and I changed it for a new one that I bought on ebay (brand new).

The problem is that touch screen works only in windows safe mode and on the refresh screen (when I chose 'refresh computer' on the advanced start options screen and the computer restarts and boots into refreshing mode)!

It does not work in windows in normal mode.

Touch screen works also on Linux live cd, so this is not a hardware problem. There must be something wrong with drivers but I think I've tried everything, including reinstalling Windows 8.

I even had a Lenovo technician remotely control the computer but he also failed to find solution.

All devices in devices manager are installed and working.

When I uninstall the touchscreen and touch it with a finger it automatically installs again.

The only visual difference between cracked and new touchscreen is 'S210' sign in bottom left corner (cracked screen did not have the sign)

Please help!

Solved! See the solution
Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: S210 touch screen works only in system restore screen and safe mode

2015-11-02, 15:16 PM

Hi nahhpc,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

Please try to Disable Driver signature enforcement

See the steps here

http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

Let me know your findings

Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

10-30-2015

Poland

7 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: S210 touch screen works only in system restore screen and safe mode

2015-11-02, 18:12 PM

SOLVED (kind of)

The reason the touch screen did not work was that I had installed OEM version of Windows 8 and my new touch screen probably was not genuine and was not certifited for Windows 8.

Touch capability in Windows 8 OEM software

In order to promote the best “touch” experience on PCs, OEM System Builder software for Windows 8 will only support touch functionality on hardware that has been certified for touch in Windows 8. When buying Windows 8 System Builder software, look for hardware that carries the “Windows 8 Compatible” logo and that has passed certification for touch capability. Touch hardware that is not certified for Windows 8 and does not include a special code provided to OEMs during the certification process and injected into the touchscreen’s firmware will not work once the System Builder product is installed; meaning that the PC will not be touch-enabled after Windows 8 is installed.

I realised that was the reason when I reinstalled the OS and touch screen worked until I activated the OS.

I bought Win 8.1 PRO and touchscreen works, that was only solution for me.

The other solution is - make sure you buy only Windows 8 certified touchscreens :)

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete