Options

0 Posts

01-27-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

S340-14IIL Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81VV adapters to connect monitors with usb-c port

2020-01-27, 10:01 AM

Hi @all,

I just bought an S340-14IIL Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81VV connecting a monitor with the HDMI port is no problem but I want to connect a monitor with the USB-C s (USB 3.1 Gen 1) port for use of multiple screens on the pc. I have two screens one connects with an mini display Port/thunderbolt 2 cable and one connects with  a HDMI calbe. I have tried to connect the monitors with two different USB-c adapters ( those worked fine with my dell xps notebook bevore) but I cant get it to work with this PC(running a usb mouse or keyboard with the adapters works fine). In the manual Lenovo writtes that I should be able to connect monitors with a resulution up to 3840 x 2160 Pixel / 60 Hz on the USB-c Port. Now my question is witch adapters can I use to connect my Laptop with one of my Monitors ( one has HDMI the other mini displayport).

Lenovo Support couldnt help me with this would realy appreciate it if someone could help me out here.

Options

434 Posts

11-04-2019

US

164 Signins

8969 Page Views

• Views: 8969
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: S340-14IIL Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81VV adapters to connect monitors with usb-c port

2020-02-04, 14:28 PM

Hi Emanuel34,

Thanks for reaching out.

Did the USB-C port worked before with other devices?

Or were you able to use it before with aan external display?

According to Platform Specifications, specifically for this model (type 81VV) the USB 3.1 Type-C Gen 1 supports data transfer and device charging but it doesn't have display capability.

The only port that supports external display is the HDMI port.

Hope this helps with your query.

Regards

Malvin_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

8 Posts

05-02-2015

India

31 Signins

210 Page Views

• Views: 210
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:S340-14IIL Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81VV adapters to connect monitors with usb-c port

2020-11-06, 14:19 PM

Can i charge laptop battery through usb type C port of the laptop? I have 65W lenovo adapter of TP series. Can i use the same adapter to charge s340-14IIL? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete