Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DJWhiteSquall
Paper Tape
Views: 13,147
Message 1 of 28

S400 Touch - Driver for Touch Screen

I'm on the Driver Download page for the S400 Touch, but I have no idea which driver is for my touch screen.  There are display drivers and mouse/touchpad drivers, but neither of them say anything (at least I don't see it) about the HID touch screen.  Running Windows 7 64bit. 

Any ideas?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 12,924
Message 2 of 28

Re: S400 Touch - Driver for Touch Screen

Hi DJwhiteSquall,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are looking for the display drivers for your Lenovo S400 touch laptop.

As per the specification of this laptop  has AMD Radeon 7450M Graphics card, however please share the serial number of the laptop through private message as this help us to assist you in better way.

Click here to send the private message.   

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

natehj
Paper Tape
Views: 12,873
Message 3 of 28

Thank you for pointing to the correct display driver, Ashwin.

I wanted to reinstall the display driver because I was informed elsewhere that reinstalling the diplay driver can fix a touch screen issue.

The touch screen feature of my S400 touch stopped working upon updating to Windows 8.1. Updating the display driver did not resolve the issue. Instead, the touch screen functioned again after updating the LCD firmware.

LCD firmware was updated by using eGalaxUpdate.exe and eGalaxSensorTester.exe unzipped from the compressed file downloaded from here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds102442

In using eGalaxUpdate.exe, the only image file available there, PCAP7910_LD1018v12_0002_AUO_14p1_THQA.791p, was loaded to update the firmware.

eGalaxSensorTester.exe showed that the firmware was updated to v12. Then, the machine was restarted, and the touch screen started working, again.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 12,861
Message 4 of 28

Hi Natehj.

I am glad to know that your query has been answered. Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

Cheers!

Ashwin.S

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

davidgiraldo
What's DOS?
Views: 12,849
Message 5 of 28

Hi I download the windows 8,1 for my Ideapad S400 Touch, sudenly the touch screen stop working I have tried to download the controllers but anything seems to work, can you help me, thank you

natehj
Paper Tape
Views: 12,847
Message 6 of 28

Try updating the LCD firmware as explained above. Good luck.

davidgiraldo
What's DOS?
Views: 12,844
Message 7 of 28

I did not work, what else can I do, 

natehj
Paper Tape
Views: 12,842
Message 8 of 28

My touch screen stopped being responsive to touch when I upgraded my s400
to windows 8.1. I updated the LCD firmware to version 12 as explained
above. I also re-installed the graphics driver as Ashwin explained above. I
rebooted the machine after each update. Now, the touch screen works. I
cannot speak for your machine, but why don't you try updating both firmware
and driver? Good luck.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 12,833
Message 9 of 28

Hi David,

Try to uninstall the current driver restart the machine and reinstall the driver and check for the issue.

Click here for the display driver .

Click here for the LCD firmware.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin. S

cielinedion
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 12,818
Message 10 of 28

The LCD firmware fix happened for me. Do the initial steps indicated (like plug in the AC power cord and don't touch the screen). Then you'll notice you might not get the "Do you want to update to the newest version" dialogue box. This is okay. Click the Load Image and load this file "PCAP7910_LD1018v12_0002_AUO_14p1_THQA". After which press Go! Wait fo the instructions, don't touch the screen and voila! The Touchscreen works again.

This is true, however, if you never did anything destructive to the display screen hardware itself. I have this problem for over a year now and upgrading the Display (from Intel to AMD Radeon) didn't do the fix. It's really the LCD firmware fix. I downloaded the program this morning but I didn't know how to use it until I found this. Thank you guys! Most epecially to natehj and Ashwin.

However, since we are on the topic of drivers, I'd like to know which of these display drivers should I install in my Lenovo Ideapad S400 Touch:

Capture.PNG

The original driver installed in my pc is

Capture1.PNG

So, is it possible to install the AMD Video driver update even if my display is originally Intel? Thanks for your help!

Top Kudoed Authors