cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Craneum
Punch Card
Views: 359
Message 1 of 7

S400u Ideapad S-Series S400u Wrongly download a ThinkPad System Update.

I wrongly donwloaded a Lenovo system update 5 (for Thinkpad  notebook) in my Ideapad S400u notebook. This happen several weeks ago, I have not realized of such wrong thing I did and the months have passed by since then.

If I knew this thing happened before I could have use Windows 8.1 to return the Operating System to a point in the past, not now when so many things were added by Windows/Microsoft.  However I realized it and the reason I stopped by this forum is because I could not find any relevant information at Lenovo Support page and I want Lenovo/Forum to kindly inform the all detailed steps to remove any Thinkpad unwanted software/etc from  my notebook. Provide additional information that would allow me to make sure the correct Lenovo Ideapad component/module/etc  that runs the Lenovo Ideapad S400u System Updated, specifically designed for this model,  will be up and running. Thanks.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 326
Message 2 of 7

Re: S400u Ideapad S-Series S400u Wrongly download a ThinkPad System Update.

Lenovo System Update version 5 supports various machines. Actual updates are from a system update catalog which is based on your operating system installed and your machine type.

What type machine do you have?  20195, 4582,80BY, etc

You can look in microsoft sysinfo utility, line 7 for this information.

What OS are you using? win 7,8, 10?  

With windows 10 and the Companion app, Su catalogs are built for ideapads.

Companion uses the same SU catalog as TVSU version 5.

You did NOT get a thinkpad update for your machine unless the SU catalog for your machine is not correct.

Please provide your OS +machine type and I will locate your SU catalog, if it exists.

Craneum
Punch Card
Views: 300
Message 3 of 7

Hi there.

thanks, very kind of you. Here are some piece of information:

The notebook is  Lenovo Ideapad S400u.

The OS is Windows 8.1, that is Windows 8.1 Single Language (64 bit). Version 6.3.9600 Compilation 9600

Line seven of system info : System Model VIUS3
In addition, the BIOS Version of the notebook is LENOVO 6DCN92WW(V8.06), 21/Feb/2013.

I ran msinfo32.exe to find this line seven for you.

There is one piece of information I have found running  msconfig.exe and in the the services portion of the window that pop up, I have looked at  services colunm there is one program called "System Update" . At the colunm at its right called manufactures, there was no manufacture name associated to it the line called "System Update. The information is listed as unkown.

Service                          Manufacture           Status

System Update            unkown                   running

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 292
Message 4 of 7

There are no system update catalogs for a System Model VIUS3.

If you run TVSU, it will either throw an error message or exit with No applicable packages found.  You should uninstall TVSU.  It did not install any packages on your system.

Could you provide the TVSU run log?

It is in c\programdata\lenovo\systemupdate\logs\tvsu_*timestamp*.log.

You can use  the Browse button below a response screen to attach the log.

Craneum
Punch Card
Views: 281
Message 5 of 7

Thanks.

Do not have this folder for such logs under System Update folder.  In other words, System Updated does not have a folder called logs.

Therefore do not have this  log file either... by searching by name!

Why would this file be important ? Would you give me some insights or a sound reasoning 

If important for the purpose above , why Lenovo ideapad notebook seems not logging it al all ?

Kind regards,

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 267
Message 6 of 7

The use of the TVSU log is to review it for SU catalog not found.  This is another check to show that TVSU never made updates to your system.  It is an optional request and not necessary.

The log is within c\programdata.  C\programdata is a hidden folder.

Control panel>file explorer options>view tab>Hidden files and folders

Turn on Show hidden files and folders.

If you see no logs, run TVSU, check for updates.

Again, this log is not needed to diagnose your issue.  It is to reconfirm the diagnosis.

tvsu.PNG 

Craneum
Punch Card
Views: 241
Message 7 of 7

Hi there.

Sorry for delay in respond to your kindly help.

I have try to run a self diagnostics via lenovo suppport page and the self diagnostics started and ended by 10%, and looks like there is a mismatch that is causing and this could be the wrong installation I might have undertake when choosing possible system update for lenovo notebook. Not sure why Lenovo Support Website, in general, is not as good as I have seem for other products of major notebook or tablets competitors.

Back to the issue, I saw one file called TVSU_TPC.dll dated January 18th,2017 inside the programdata \lenovo   folder and could not find any .log file

There is also a TVSURegistration application installed in the same date in the Lenovo Folder. I believe this when I have tried to do any updating to drivers and etc in the notebook.

Placed a copy of the explorer view of most related files.

thanks in advance.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors