Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RebeccaK
Paper Tape
Views: 638
Message 1 of 3

S410p Touch Ideapad Hinge broken

Bought the S410p Touch mid 2014, and the left hinge of the notebook broke off late 2015. Prior to the hinge bending and coming off, cracking sounds were often heard when I open/close the notebook. It even caused a visible crack behind the screen and I have honestly never dropped or damaged the laptop. The touch screen is currently not working and I'm pretty sure its due to the crack that affected the screen. Frustrated, I went to the nearest Lenovo Technical Support to try to get this fixed under warranty but they insisted it was physical damage and did not approve my laptop under the warranty conditions. 

Extremely frustrated and disappointed. Anyone else having this issue with their S410p Touch Ideapad?

macva
What's DOS?
Views: 546
Message 2 of 3

Re: S410p Touch Ideapad Hinge broken

Did you have any luck with this issue?  I had the same issue with my U530.  The hinge kept getting harder and harder to open and evenually, the top of the laptop just broke off.  It was out of warranty by 2 months when it happened so I didn't do anything about it until I saw several other people who had similar issues.  

emerzoe
What's DOS?
Views: 426
Message 3 of 3

Re: S410p Touch Ideapad Hinge broken

same issue as mine but touchscreen still working. very upsetting. i took good care of it and this happened. Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors