cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeanK
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 230
Message 1 of 3

S415 Touch - Is there Working Display Drivers for AMD APUs (A6-5200) for Windows 10?

Hello, its now a year since my last post. Since then I had rolled back to Windows 8.1 with Microsofts help. Recently I decided to try again upgrading to Windows 10 yet again.

It did not go easily, but with Microsofts assistance I have Windows 10 (ver 1703) installed using the Windows Basic Display Driver.

I have tried many different drivers from the AMD site. Nothing works. I have tried the auto and manual method. Just BSOD eveytime.

Any suggestions on where to re-start this process? 

Thank you all in advance

DeanK
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 176
Message 2 of 3

Re: S415 Touch - Is there Working Display Drivers for AMD APUs (A6-5200) for Windows 10?

So here I am on the Lenovo support forum, because you cant talk to a support person once your warranty is over. And after posting a year ago and again now, theres not a signle response.

Anyone with an Ideapad s415 able to get there laptop's APU working with Win 10? IS there anyone else who bought an Ideapad? Maybe thats the problem.  AmdMatt said he would get the lab to try and recreate the scenario on a similar machine last year. Still no update.

So could an AMD rep come on and be straight? Like, 'yours will never work - buy a new one' would be a fine answer at this point so I don waste more time.

Steve

DeanK
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 159
Message 3 of 3

Re: S415 Touch - Is there Working Display Drivers for AMD APUs (A6-5200) for Windows 10?

OK, so I called Lenovo Support line and arranged a 10am call, they called at 7:30am. So I called abck and explained my situation and the rep said, if I have used the Lenovo site's Windows 10 AMD Display driver and it BSODs, then I should go back to WIndows 8.1

Well, I guess that all I can hope for, a straight answer. So back to 8.1 I go.

Thats the soliution. Case closed. Adios.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors