Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lellis1959
Not applicable
Views: 2,510
Message 21 of 31

Re: S415 Touch wifi issue

Thank, heatpitpe.  I have tried your latest suggestion.  We'll see what happens.  So far, so good, but it's still early in the day . . .

lellis1959
Not applicable
Views: 2,499
Message 22 of 31

UPDATE:  Well, after trying heatpipe's latest suggestion, I have not had the internet drop once today.  I am hoping this is the solution . . . but am going to wait another day just to be on the safe side.  Thanks for the help, heatpipe!

heatpipe
Not applicable
Views: 2,461
Message 23 of 31

Just an update.  Everything has been working with WMM disabled in the adapter and my Linksys EA4500.. 

Over the weekend I purchased a new access point - the Netgear Nighthawk R7000 (a Broadcom-based AC1900 AP).  Can you believe the Broadcom WiFi adapter in the S415 does not connect to the R7000 if WMM is enabled?  Amazing. 

@lellis1959: I'm glad it helped.

lellis1959
Not applicable
Views: 2,454
Message 24 of 31

Wow, Heatpipe.  That sucks.

Well, mine is still working great, thanks to your suggestion.  I really appreciate it.

NINE
Not applicable
Views: 2,443
Message 25 of 31

Hi all,

thanks for sharing your input. great thanks to heatpipe foo his suggestion. However I was just wondering is there any way you guys post a screen shot on how to disable or enable the WMM?

I'm having a bit of a problem locating where you guys enabled or disable the WMM feature.

Regards

lellis1959
Not applicable
Views: 2,450
Message 26 of 31

I tried to insert a screenshot but the file size was too large and I don't know how to make it smaller.  Anyway, he's how you get to it:

Control panel>

Network and Sharing Center >

(select your wifi connection)>

Wifi status box opens, select "properties">

Select "configure">

Select "advanced">

Scroll down through properties to WMM, then set it to "disabled".

This has completely fixed the problem for me.

NINE
Not applicable
Views: 2,427
Message 27 of 31

Hi lellis1959,

thanks or sharing ,

Glad to hear that this worked out. Do post back should you require further assistance.

Regards
etmed
Not applicable
Views: 2,354
Message 28 of 31

I'd just like to add that disabling WMM also helped me in an enterprise environment.

I had a user bring their S415 who could not connect to our wireless network on our campus with several dozen Cisco APs and a Cisco wireless controller. The device would associate with an AP but never seemed to pull a DHCP address. After troubleshooting in the direction of RADIUS authentication I found that there was in fact a DHCP reservation being handed out but the device continued to show an APIPA (169.254.X.X) address.

In a last ditch effort I stumbled across this thread, disabled WMM, and the device finally acknowledged its assigned DHCP address and was able to use the Wi-Fi.

eruner
Not applicable
Views: 2,180
Message 29 of 31

Hello,

my wife has the S415 touch wifi issue and every 25 minutes her wifi drops and we got disconnected. It happens a lot while we are talking in Skype. Not always happens but sometimes is quite often. I installed the latest drivers from lenovo support website but when I go to the advanced options of the drivers I do not see any option WMM so I cannot set it , here you have an screen shot of her advanced options. The drive that she has is the qualcomm atheros ar9845 so I am not sure if that is the one she should have. 

Thanks for your help

advancedsettings.jpgto "disabled"

vastelectron
Not applicable
Views: 1,729
Message 30 of 31

Hi,

I was able to make wifi works by diabling WMM. Does anyone knows of another compatible wifi card preferably a wifi/bluetooth combo card that I can purchase to replace this problematic card?

Lenovo locks the bios to uncompatible card so I need to know the specific card that will work and is on the whitelist.

This laptops is a gift the the non-tech person will not know how to fix this problem if it comes back.

Thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors