Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
singmokjai
Fanfold Paper
Views: 458
Message 1 of 10

S940 SCREEN FLICKERING - PLEASE HELP!

I just received my Lenovo s940 last friday 12/27. Yesterday I noticed my screen started flickering and it comes and goes. I will be doing a BIOS check to see if the flickering occurs when in BIOS. Currently not sure if it is due to a hardware problem or from updating and installing drivers through windows update. Read on forums about a screen flickering issue on another model and I'm afraid I might need to send this brand new laptop back. I already waited a whole month to get the laptop, and now I don't feel safe with this flickering issue. I have until 1/15/2020 to get a refund or replacement, and just very disappointed that this issue came up. Has anyone else encountered the same issue? If it is a software problem, what are some suggestions or ways to fix this problem? 

Another issue I came across was my internet connection through ethernet was not being detected. I can only connect to the internet through wifi. I initially was able to use ethernet connection and now it doesn't work. Not sure if this issue is related with screen flickering?

NsNidPL
Token Ring
Views: 390
Message 2 of 10

Re: S940 SCREEN FLICKERING - PLEASE HELP!

Does that happen on battery only or also with AC plugged in?

singmokjai
Fanfold Paper
Views: 384
Message 3 of 10

It happens both on battery and AC plug in. Sometimes if I tap behind the screen (lid) it flickers too. 

NsNidPL
Token Ring
Views: 380
Message 4 of 10

Sounds like a wiring issue.

sneill01
Paper Tape
Views: 365
Message 5 of 10

I've got the exact same problem, started a couple of weeks ago. Its wiring related as the external monitor is fine.  Any tutorials on how to fix the wiring issue that you know of?

singmokjai
Fanfold Paper
Views: 357
Message 6 of 10

If it really is a wiring issue, I don't have the tools to open this laptop. There's no way to know for sure if it's the positioning of the wire, or the wire could be damaged itself. Time will tell but I may be risking being stuck with a flickering screen. It's such a disappointment. If I had more time before the refund deadline I would really consider trying to fix it myself. I waited a whole month to receive this laptop. Anyways awaiting my return shipping label. Lenovo does not deserve my money.

singmokjai
Fanfold Paper
Views: 355
Message 7 of 10

Don't know of any tutorials. Sometimes when I change the display resolution from 4K to full hd and vice versa, the screen flickers a bit. Did you have the same experience? Are you returning the laptop? When did you purchase it?
NsNidPL
Token Ring
Views: 342
Message 8 of 10

I've had a problem like this with my Yoga (refunded it) and it was most likely a power issue (not enough power to handle all components), but since you're saying that it also flickers when you tap it, it's most likely a problem related to the wiring.

sneill01
Paper Tape
Views: 339
Message 9 of 10

unfortunately, I'm stuck with this trash can of a product and its a work comp so turning it in for service would cause a serious headache and I'm likely past the return window as its been 3 months.

singmokjai
Fanfold Paper
Views: 321
Message 10 of 10

Sorry to hear that bro, I'm glad I discovered this in time. I got this for productivity as well. Just got my return label, shipping this garbage back to a garbage company. Can't be any more disappointed. 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors