Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carell
Fanfold Paper
Views: 426
Message 1 of 4

SDHC cards not working anymore on Lenovo U310

Hello,

The integrated SD card reader of my Lenovo U310 used to work fine until a couple of months ago.

However, now it does not read SDHC cards (it used to read them)! It reads fine standard SD cards, and also micro SDHC cards (using their adapter of course).

My girlfriend owns my same laptop and she has no problem at all! Her laptop has always read fine SDHC cards.

The device manager recognizes the SDHC card and if I go to “my pc” I cannot see it there unless I tick the “Hidden Items”.

1. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers
  2. Download and install the official “Alcor CardReader Driver” from the official Lenovo U310 support page
  3. Comparing the drivers the computer uses with the drivers on my girlfriend computer and they are identical!!
  4. Change the drive letter from disk management
  5. Format and re-installed Windows 8.1 64bits

Nothing helped!

Please note that if I uninstall the drivers and re-insert the SDHC card, the computer plays the sound and install the drivers, but the card remains not accessible.

Pictures here:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Is anybody able to help me?

Thank you,

Andrea

ArChLinuxOS
802.11n
Views: 404
Message 2 of 4

Re: SDHC cards not working anymore on Lenovo U310

First, make sure that it is the SD card's fault. Try using another computer to view the files. If it works then, make sure the port isn't blocked in the Y50. The partitions could have also been messed up, so you can try using a partition manager to check.

Y510p: i7 4700MQ (Overclocked to 3.6GHz), SLI GT 755M (Each Overclocked 111MHz), Corsair Vengeance 16GB 2133MHz, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, MyDigitalSSD SuperBoot 128GB, Intel Wireless-AC 7260, Windows 10 Home
Dell XPS 13 (2015): i5 5200U, Intel HD 5500, 4GB 1600MHz, 128GB Samsung M.2 SSD, 802.11ac WLAN, Windows 10 Home (School Laptop)
Carell
Fanfold Paper
Views: 402
Message 3 of 4

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
I have tried 2 different SDHC cards:
1. San Disk 16GB Class 10 (30MB/s)
2. Toshiba 16GB Class 10

They both work on any other computer and cameras.
I also tested them on my girlfriend's computer (she owns exaclty the same laptop that I have, Lenovo U310).

Thus, the SDHC cards ar not faulty.

"make sure the port isn't blocked in the Y50". What do you mena exactly?

The reader works fine with standard SD cards, or with micro SDHC cards (using the adapter adapter).

I tried to use some partition manager but did not work. "Please insert a disk in D: .... "

Thanks for helping

Carell
Fanfold Paper
Views: 377
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

I installed Linux Ubuntu and SDHC cards are not working (standard SDs keep working fine). Thus, it isn't OS related.

Can somebody please help?

Thank you,

Andrea

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors