Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-12-2012

Kansas

4 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 1 of 138

Scrolling on touchpad not working. U410 with Windows 8.

2012-12-12, 15:15 PM

The scrolling with two fingers on my touchpad is occasionally not working. After restarting it works. I installed the new drivers yesterday and it worked fine all day, but at the end of the day is stopped working again.... Any suggestions???

Thanks!

Answer
Options

2651 Posts

03-21-2012

Malaysia

2405 Signins

55976 Page Views

• Views: 55976

Re: Scrolling on touchpad not working. U410 with Windows 8.

2013-04-29, 8:23 AM

Hi all,

Thanks you so much for your interest and the feed back. To make this easier for everyone and those wanting to use the Beta drivers, we've created a knowledge base article and instructions to install the drivers. Please click the link below.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/U310-U410-U510-Touchpad-stops-responding-upon-using-Microsoft/ta-p/1106219

Please take note that this is not the official drivers but beta drivers for your use. Official driver is still under development and we will update this KB accordingly as soon as we have published the final version up in the support site. 

regards

Replies(137)
Options

22 Posts

11-14-2012

UK

56 Signins

691 Page Views

• Views: 691
  • Message 2 of 138

2012-12-12, 19:20 PM

I also have the same problem on my U410.

The gestre on the touchpad stop working, it still works but won't scroll unless you reboot the laptop.

Anyone else had this and fixed it.? I am hoping a driver update will cure this when they eventully release a new one.

Options

1 Posts

12-14-2012

Boston MA, USA

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 3 of 138

2012-12-14, 2:50 AM

I am having exactly the same problem (also have the U410 and Win 8). It works for seveal hours, and then the advanced features stop working, although its basic functionality is intact.

When I go to Hardware and Sound --> Mouse, I get a message that says "unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver" and it tells me that if I installed another PS/2 pointing device driver, I need to uninstall the Synaptics Driver, then reinstall the external device driver. However, I have not installed any external device, the only driver installed in the Synaptics one. 

I have tried downloading the newest driver from Lenovo, and uninstalling and reinstalling it several times. It always works for a while, then a few hours later I am back to where I started. I also tried deactivating and reactivating the touchpad, which didn't help. This is starting to become a very irritating problem!

-Merinda

Options

4 Posts

12-02-2012

Washington State

10 Signins

62 Page Views

• Views: 62
  • Message 4 of 138

2012-12-15, 5:47 AM

I've had my computer for two weeks, and my touchpad enhanced features stopped working after two days. Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver did not help, the driver from the Synaptics website only worked for two days, and although numerous people are reporting this problem, Lenovo doesn't seem to have addressed it.

This fix, posted by another forum member, has worked for me for several days:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problems seem to be related to OFFICE 2010. 

Strange as it is, i've intalled the most recent synpatic drivers from another Lenovo laptop :

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/0ttp16ww.exe

At first, intalling this didn't work. But, it's because you have to be carefull : first you need to uninstall Synaptics Drivers. Second, you need to change the name of the old synaptic drivers (C:\Drivers\Synaptic TouchPad Drive to Synaptic TouchPad Driver_old) to make sure when you install the new one it's dosen't interfere.

------------------------------------------------------

Options

7 Posts

12-10-2012

USA

46 Signins

196 Page Views

• Views: 196
  • Message 5 of 138

2012-12-20, 23:51 PM

I've been having the same problem with the gesture feature dropping out at random times. When this happens, the touchpad settings icon disappears from the system tray.

What worked a couple times to get that functionality back was to just open the mouse settings and then close them. This seemed to get things running again as the icon returned to the system tray, but it doesn't seem like a good fix.

Today, however, I had a new problem where the touchpad stopped working completely when I tried to use the two-finger scroll feature. If I closed the lid and waited a few seconds before reopening, that seemed to make the basic touchpad functionality come back, but still no gestures.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Options

5 Posts

12-29-2012

Dublin, Ireland

14 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 6 of 138

2012-12-29, 13:56 PM

I'm having the exact same issue.

I'm on the U410 on Windows 8 and two-finger scrolling stopped working all of the sudden. When I go to mouse configuration I get the message "Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver" and it also asks whether there is another driver installed.

I think that the person who said it was related to MS Office is on to something as this started happening after installing MS Office. Reinstalling the driver helped temporarily, but after just opening Word I am having the same issue again. 

I'll try installing the drivers from another device as suggested by one user, but would appreciate a fix!

Options

3 Posts

12-25-2012

London

6 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 7 of 138

2013-01-07, 1:53 AM

I have exact same issue. I noticed that when I plug in my usb mouse the issue appears not right away but later if I open Office. Haven't found stable fix yet. :(

wrote:

I'm having the exact same issue.

I'm on the U410 on Windows 8 and two-finger scrolling stopped working all of the sudden. When I go to mouse configuration I get the message "Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver" and it also asks whether there is another driver installed.

I think that the person who said it was related to MS Office is on to something as this started happening after installing MS Office. Reinstalling the driver helped temporarily, but after just opening Word I am having the same issue again. 

I'll try installing the drivers from another device as suggested by one user, but would appreciate a fix!

Options

4 Posts

01-17-2013

Boise, Idaho

8 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 8 of 138

2013-01-17, 17:04 PM

I'm having the exact same problem, only my touchpad pretty much stopped working entirely.  I can get a little action if I push on the pad really hard, but the cursor just flies all over the place.  I installed MS Office 2010 a couple of days ago, and I've also been using a Logictech wireless mouse.  It was weird because it went from working to just cutting out.  I really hope Lenovo or Synaptics posts a fix soon.

Options

4 Posts

01-17-2013

Boise, Idaho

8 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 9 of 138

2013-01-23, 0:02 AM

It appears this is still a problem.  I downloaded the drivers from the Lenovo forums and installed.  That fixed the problem for about an hour and now the tochpad has again stopped working entirely.

Options

3 Posts

12-25-2012

London

6 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 10 of 138

2013-01-24, 23:56 PM

This is a serious problem now! It is extremely annoying. Every time I start any office application Synaptics driver crashes. Please help someone!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)