Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rushin_always
Paper Tape
Views: 303
Message 1 of 4

Serial number issue within BIOS

Hi y’all!

I’m new to this, has never had time for forums or the need..

My daughter’s laptop was stolen, but fortunately retrieved a week after.

its an U410 Model 20170, I changed HDD to an SSD and installed Win10pro on it. 

One thing I have noticed, my laptops serial number is changed in BIOS, i.e. originally the serial was read QB0XXXXX8882, now it reads xxxxxxxxxxx8882A3OK and since Future Shop ser the laptop up, I have now idea what BIOS password is, After I put it wrong 3 times it just locks up with message : error. System Lock. It’s a wonderful machine with an SSD, but after installing Win10Pro my mSATA 20 Gb drive is no longer showing, I guess because the raid setting isn’t on?

any and all suggestions would be appreciated

cheers

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 287
Message 2 of 4

Re: Serial number issue within BIOS

If the serial number is changed and the password was changed also, something was changed when he machine was not under your control.  There is no reset.  A dealer or servicer can fix the serial, but there is no way to reset the password

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Rushin_always
Paper Tape
Views: 261
Message 3 of 4

Thank you Rich,

what i tried and this DID work was to Flash BIOS with 99xx version, that removed the password and I can now access BIOS, I set up my own password, so my kiddies wouldn't inadvertantly screw something up.

Peculiar part is that within BIOS my SN shows properly without A3OK on the end, but when i try wmic bios get SerialNumber, it spits out WITH A3OK...

And, after BIOS flash my computer started reporting as U310 vs U410, I think I saw something earlier around here.

Thanks again,

Rushin

Rushin_always
Paper Tape
Views: 259
Message 4 of 4

My apologies, it's 99WW version

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors