Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n33d
What's DOS?
Views: 154
Message 1 of 2

System Fan u310 doesn't cool

Hi my System/CPU Fan doesnt work anymore...

What can i do? How to fix this?

I'm using windows 10 at the moment.

Thanks for help.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 146
Message 2 of 2

Re: System Fan u310 doesn't cool

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of your problem.  Is the fan not spinning at all or is the fan spinning, but the laptop feels warmer? 

If the fan isn't spinning at all then it most likely needs to be replaced.  If the system is still under warranty then I would recommend that you contact Lenovo Support for warranty assistance.  If the system is no longer under warranty then you can have a local computer repair service replace the fan or do it yourself if you are comfortable working inside your laptop.   Your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual will explain how to dis-assemble the laptop for the fan replacement.

Lenovo Support

German
01-805-366-869 (0,14 €/Min aus dem deutschen Festnetz. Max 0,42€ /Min aus dem Mobilfunk)
7:00-20:00 Uhr Montag – Freitag, 10:00 – 18:00 Samstag und Sonntag

Hardware Maintenance Manual:

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_u310_u410_hmm_1st_edition_mar_2012_english....

If the fan is spinning, but not cooling the laptop then try cleaning the fan and heat sink assembly.  Given the time the laptop has been in service these items mostly like are filled with dust which is reducing the laptop's cooling efficiency.  Cans of compressed air can be purchased at any electronics store.  Just use short bursts of air in each of the laptop's air vents several times or until you no longer see dust being blown out.  Avoid long blasts of air as this may damage the fan.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors