Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xnoelle25
Blue Screen Again
Views: 299
Message 1 of 2

TRICKY QUESTION S510 Touch Camera Type??? Hinge Issue/Back Cover Replacement

Hey all, I'm dealing with the dreaded hinge issue and found myself needing to replace the back cover. I have a Lenovo Ideapad S510p Touch, model number 20299, but the two parts that are compatible according to the hardware maintenance manual, are either

LS51P LCD Cover With 0.3M Camera TS   Part #90203869
LS51P LCD Cover With 1M Camera TS       Part #90203884

I can't for the life of me tell whether I have a .3M camera or a 1M camera. 

Has anyone had any luck finding a specific Lenovo part with a number, where did you order? 

I'm also wondering whether I can just take off the camera on my current case and use it on a replacement cover as the camera itself isn't damaged, just the plastic backing where the right hinge's screws are supposed to be. 

Has anyone had any luck ordering a cheap non-touch cover for their touch? I don't use touch anyway so if fits without the added touch functionality, I will be happy.

I also want to add how the problem came about. It's not under warranty anymore, but the right hinge suddenly got very stiff, the hinged somehow tightened itself. Trying to close the top normally is what caused the hinge screws to separate from the plastic backing on the case. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 271
Message 2 of 2

Re: TRICKY QUESTION S510 Touch Camera Type??? Hinge Issue/Back Cover Replacement

Hi xnoelle25!

Welcome to the community forums.

Could you send us a private message providing the serial number of your laptop for us to verify if you have the 1M or 0.3M camera on the laptop? Here's how to find the serial number https://lnv.gy/2AC9PO9.

We're looking forward for your private message.

Mod's Edit: for transparency, shortened link was converted to full URL........

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/find-product-name?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6&Source=socia...

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors