Views: 3,205
Message 21 of 56

Re: 6 cell 36wh battery on new model

kcmstrpc
Paper Tape
Views: 3,171
Message 22 of 56

I'll be darned,  i wonder why i cannot find a 6 cell replacment on their website nor searching google for a replacement battery for mine then.  I bought it just after Christmas.  Hmm...  And i looked that specific model number up in Google and even the one on Tiger Direct as the 6 cell same model number so sometime after my purchase they must have changed it between then and now.  Guess enough people complained.  The link from Tiger Direct below 6 cell as well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313731

6 Cell should be good enough that's way better than the 3 cell one mine came with.  On average I get 2 hours out of my 3 cell if i don't have the power settings fully engaged to maximize the batter.  9 would be even better but hey i'd be fine with a 6 cell.  Now i'm going to call Lenovo and find out if the battery in this specific model will work in my S210 it should it's just a slightly different model number same hardware.

stardaddy
What's DOS?
Views: 3,070
Message 23 of 56

I'm suffering from the same battery issues that everyone else is describing. I also bought another one for a friends kids for school and I feel bad because it has such a horrible battery. I haven't seen anyone say this laptop's battery lasts for much more than 2 hrs and yet Lenovo hasn't made any attempt to fix the situation. I think there will be a class action lawsuit on the horizon for Lenovo very soon if it hasnt already happened. I'm pretty certain I'll never buy another Lenovo product and I'll suggest my company which is one of the largest banks in the world also stops using Lenovo products.

bh1021
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,998
Message 24 of 56

The S210 I got from Best Buy, came with a 3 cell battery. The specs at BB said it had a 6 cell.
st1nde
What's DOS?
Views: 2,973
Message 25 of 56

Re: The BIG lie about the battery life of S210

I got fooled about battery life too. Actually, I didin't expect more than 3 hours on normal usage even marketed to last up to 5 hours. My battery lasts 2-2,5 hours now but how long... When I got my S210, OS informed my battery capacity were 98%. After week and few charging cycles later, battery capacity is now only 75%! If battery loses 23% of its capacity within a week I bet it won't be very long-lasting.

bh1021
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,843
Message 26 of 56

HELLO LENOVO, are there any plans for a better battery? Please address this problem.
abrakadabra
Paper Tape
Views: 2,827
Message 27 of 56

Friends, good news! First appeared batteries on the Ebay capacity of 36Wh (3350mAh) with the price of 66 dollars. Weak battery which was completed my laptop (24Wh) - it's just a mockery. Вattery on 24Wh: thin and useless battery. I think, a couple of months on the Ebay with extended batteries (48Wh and more), and then our laptop will be one s best in all respects.
Highlighted
bh1021
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,819
Message 28 of 56

Don't celebrate to fast. Have you tried one of the batteries yet? I have been ripped several times on batteries from China.

gmahabala
Paper Tape
Views: 2,441
Message 29 of 56

Hi Lenovo...Please wake up..many of your customers are unhappy on this S210 6 cell/9Cell battery issue and you seems to be not bothered, if yes, I didnt get any positive response till date. Did you solve this issue ? When can this saga of suffering can end ? When can we see 6Cell or ( cell battery for S210 Touch ? Also, go to your online sales partner websites and see the brochure, whcih says 3 cell battery with upto 5 hours back up !! Worst I heard from your call centre is you have no control on partners publishing the specs ! Give a break, are they your face in the market ?? 

NvrAgainLenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 2,415
Message 30 of 56

I got a reply in the same line but in regards to their own website - imagine that!;  a Lenovo agent literally told me on the phone: "You shouldn´t believe everything that is on our website. Many things are there just for advertisement..."

I couldn´t believe my ears!

It seems Lenovo´s customer policy is to simply take the money, give useless promises and never listen to customers´ concerns.

I for one will not be buying any Lenovo products in the future.

I´m sure I´m not the only one with this decision.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors