Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debonaire27
Paper Tape
Views: 1,885
Message 41 of 56

Re: The BIG lie about the battery life of S210

This is good news sjwoo, where did you get this battery from? Lenovo?? I was informed, by the complaints dept. person, this friday that the 2200 Whr battery is the only one they manufacture for the S-210.  Are they continuing to misinform the public?

sjwoo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,882
Message 42 of 56

I got it from the same link I posted a little while back:

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/itemdetails/888015454/460/E0C29513E39444D4BD525D6391651190

If this is not the standard, then I guess your mileage may vary, but I hope not.  The 2200 is pretty useless.  FYI, below are pics of the new one.  I just weighed my old vs. the new:

old (2200): 5.6 oz

new (3350) 6.1 oz

So it's a little bit heavier, but well worth the extra weight.

Link to image 1

Link to image 2

Moderator comment: Image(s) converted to link(s). For helpful information, please see: About Posting Pictures In The Forums.

debonaire27
Paper Tape
Views: 1,873
Message 43 of 56

Thanks for the info and pics., realy nice of you. What is not at all nice is Lenovo's continued misinformation. The customer rep. told me the 2220 Whr battery is the only one that they make for the S210, is it possible that there are more than one series of these machines?? If so will the 3600 Whr battery work on all? I am sure that it will, but perhaps the data lines may not report battery status correctly, did you notice a discrepancy between reall battery time and reported time by the OS?  I will call back the customer rep. and get to the bottom of this.

sjwoo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,869
Message 44 of 56

I use BatteryBar, and it's pretty accurate.  With the old battery, I got 2 hours and change.  With this one, I'm getting 3 hours and change, so it's definitely better.

debonaire27
Paper Tape
Views: 1,842
Message 45 of 56

Thanks again. Can you provide the Lenovo part # for this battery and price, I take it it is not the one on sale at $29. Any ideas on why the customer complaints  representative told me that the 2200 Whr battery is the only one they make for the S210, despite my telling her that a larger battery exists (as evidently you have confirmed) and this is the one they should have sent me when I first complained??? Anyway I will talk to her again tomorrow monday Sept 15 and get to the bottom of all this. In any case a law suit against Lenovo would not be excessive reaction to the way they have treated us and I will certainly file a complaint with Canada's better business bureau, etc.

sjwoo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,833
Message 46 of 56

The part number as it appears on the battery itself is L12S3F01.  Do a search and this is one of the links you'll find:

http://www.love-battery.com/product_detail.asp?id=9898

It states 36Wh there, so this is the right one.  Ninety bucks!  That's a lot more than the $30 I paid from Lenovo directly.

debonaire27
Paper Tape
Views: 1,722
Message 47 of 56

I tried to get the service representative to address the 3600 Whr battery issue. She never called me back despite three attempts to reach her. The conclusion to this story is that Lenovo simply embarrased itself by producing the S-210 with such a poor battery, embarassed itself by false advertising stating that it lasts six hours, embarassed itself further by misleading its customers in telling them that the 3600 Whr battery does not work on the S-210, and embarassed itself again by providing poor and misleading customer representative service. Spread the word, don't buy Lenovo. I will not, ever again.

abhinavkumar
What's DOS?
Views: 1,600
Message 48 of 56

Mr. Sudipto email is useless as they say that your battery has degraded but then why the battery status is good.
For this small issue which stands with Lenovo India the 22Wh battery I will not recommend Lenovo to anyone who wants battery backup.
Lenovo India claims 6hrs+ but they are cheats.

Laptop under warranty but battery backup is 1hr only.

Smiley Surprised

Asheesh
What's DOS?
Views: 1,469
Message 49 of 56

Re: The BIG lie about the battery life of S210 they have made false commitment

I purchased lenovo ideapad S210 touch at tge price of Rs. 29000 from Croma. I have promised for at least 6 hours battery backup. But this product is not worth at that price. When I carried the product and checked backup it is 1 hr. With normal usage. So I cantacted customer care then I was told it has 3 cell battery which will give 1 and half hr. Backup, on the website they dont buy their mistake. So I found myself cheated its faulty product from lenovo. Now I dont beleive in lenovo quality. Please never go for this laptop. Its worst decision in this price range.
derhenne84
Paper Tape
Views: 1,398
Message 50 of 56

Re: The BIG lie about the battery life of S210 they have made false commitment

Hey guys, 

look what I just found. Seems quite promising. And it's better than having to change the batteries while working. What do you think about it? 

http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Laptop-Portable-Charger/dp/B00M0ZC6QY

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors