Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spunkers
What's DOS?
Views: 3,776
Message 11 of 56

Re: The BIG lie about the battery life of S210

.i could never get anyone to help me at lenovo, i.e. the battery problem. so here is what i did.  i returned the lenovo computer, bought a dell 3137 in it's place. eight hours of battery life, minimum! hope this helps!

note: problem solution only works with a receipt and a timely return.

ankitchoudhary
What's DOS?
Views: 3,762
Message 12 of 56

I bought Lenovo S210T i3 version on 31st dec 2013. 
Dont know thinking what i bought this laptop. The battery is terrible.
Please someone tell me a way out. 

abrakadabra
Paper Tape
Views: 3,693
Message 13 of 56

Because very little battery life on the Lenovo S210, want to buy a spare battery.

But the big problem is that nowhere on the internet do not see selling batteries on this model.

Other models of Lenovo batteries can be found, but Lenovo S210 battery can not be found on sale, despite that this model is sold within six months!!!

Saw only one vendor that sells a weak battery for unrealistic money.

Friends, where you can buy a battery for Lenovo s210?

Or also because of the weak battery will have to sell this wonderful laptop and buy other notebook with long time of work, as it already has a colleague in distress.

derhenne84
Paper Tape
Views: 3,682
Message 14 of 56

Hey guys, 

I've got the same problem as everyone here and I'm pretty mad about it! Hope Lenovo or some other company is gonna come up with a proper battery SOON! Because the one we purchased is one complete rip-off!

I've searched the internet for spare batteries. The "cheapest" I found (but it's actually still really expensive!) can be purchased here: http://www.laptop-parts-shop.com/de/l12s3f01-108v-36wh-3zellen-akku-fuer-lenovo-notebook-p-250212.ht...

If anyone knows where to get a 6 cell battery that really lasts for 6 hours, please post it here,

NvrAgainLenovo
Paper Tape
Views: 3,636
Message 15 of 56

I called Lenovo last week and had the most bizarre conversation ever.

As per the CS agent the 6 hours is just for advertsement and the up two hours is the realistic usage time.

According to him, the 6 hours were reached in their lab and it is absolutely normal that the tests in ther labs reach a higher usage time than in real life. It is also normal that that false value is given in thier adverts. As per him,  customers cannot expect to reach the same value as thier lab.... Mind you this guy was German but what he said sounded all Chinese to me.

I asked him why then they mislead people in their ads, he said that was normal too.

Somehow he couldn`t find the 6 hours statement anywhere. I must have dreamt 6 hours long about a laptop battery lasting 6 hours...INCREDIBLE!!

The way Lenovo treats its customers is beyond words. I´m starting to think they are more than aware of their false statements and that is why they have trained their CS reps to wave people off with idiotic excuses.

As it seems, we can cry as much, Lenovo doesn`t give a **bleep**!

I could only spit when I heard Google was mad enough to sell Motorola to them...Heaven pity those poor Motorola customers.

derhenne84
Paper Tape
Views: 3,589
Message 16 of 56

I just found spare batteries in the lenovo shop. There, they are cheaper (59.99$) than on other websites  plus free shipping, It's only the crappy original 3 cell ones, but maybe someone on here wants to go for it anyway.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories/batteries-power-adapters/batteries-ideapad/

gmahabala
Paper Tape
Views: 3,337
Message 17 of 56

I totally agree. I too bought the Lenovo S210 looking athe specs which says 4 to 5 hours battery back up on 24wH 3 cell battery. Now I am suffering as it gives 2 to 2.25 hours back up. Worst is there is no availability of 6 cell or 9 cell battery for Lenovo S210 anywhere. I am now thinking of retrning this Laptop and forget Lenovo for ever in my lfie.

kcmstrpc
Paper Tape
Views: 3,288
Message 18 of 56

Seriously i cannot believe that a Corporation that makes as much as this one can put out a laptop with bogus tests as proof for battery life and with all these complaints not take it seriously enough to address the issue and put out a better 6 or 9 cell battery.

I've been in IT for going on 14 years now and cannot believe the lack of response.  I like all of you have hunted online searching everywhere for a replacement battery with a longer life than the stock one that comes with no success.  This laptop costs just under $400 when i purchased it and this is what i get for my money? Really? Seriously?

It would take a computer design engineer and a manager above them only looking at profit's to put this crappy of a battery into this laptop for sake of profit instead of thinking about the customers wellbeing and product happiness.  Or the test engineers trying to meet some unrealistic expectation and fudging the numbers so they'd let this thing be released with this low quality battery.

Once more they are a large corporation you'd think by now they would have released for sale a better replacement by now so at least we could "upgrade" at our own cost to a better battery.  It doesn't speak well of the company to have this lack of a response.  I cannot believe they haven't been battered with tons of phone calls from unhappy owners of this laptop complaining about this where those complaints haven't risen above the help desk level through reporting to higher up's who'd say woops, let's fix this fast.

I should create a tweet post for this.  #lenovoID10TMgmt4thisCrapbattery – In the old day’s # didn’t mean hash tag it was short for Pound, I guess a slap would suffice.  Oh well I’m done venting for what good it'll do! lol

bh1021
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,220
Message 19 of 56

6 cell 36wh battery on new model

I see that Best Buy is selling an S210 that has 6 cell battery. Does anyone know if the battery life is any better on this one? Is anyone having other problems with this laptop? I am considering buying one.

kcmstrpc
Paper Tape
Views: 3,207
Message 20 of 56

Re: 6 cell 36wh battery on new model

It is for an Ideapad but not the S210.  Look closed and the specifications tab.  The only battery anywhere for the S210 is the 3 cell.  Try and google this and see if you look at the spec's for the battery if it lists S210 because other than the 3 cell they don't have one.   If you find one that does please post the full link from what ever the site is so we can all look.  If Bestbuy carried something other than a 3 cell these would be all over the internet too but they are not, at least not for this model.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors