Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skittlez242002
What's DOS?
Views: 1,850
Message 31 of 56

Re: The BIG lie about the battery life of S210

i completly agree. i unplged my computer 13 mins ago and it says 82 percent remaining and 1hour and 7 minSmiley Sad

debonaire27
Paper Tape
Views: 1,530
Message 32 of 56

All that has been said above is true. In my case I noticed that the battery was only rate at 2100 mA Hr, or something to that effect. They have more powerful three cell batteries for the S-210 up to 3800. This should give the S210 up to an extra hour, I reckon, which would make it more pleasant to use. In any case a three cell batery makes no sense for a so called ultraportable. Lenovo needs to manufacture a 6 cell batttery for this otherwise really lovely unit and admit their design flaw.

bh1021
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,524
Message 33 of 56

I bought the Acer V11 Touch. No battery problems,about 5.5hrs.
gmahabala
Paper Tape
Views: 1,519
Message 34 of 56

Thanks bh1021, for the Acer feedback. I am thinking of throwing out Lenovo
laptop and was wondering what could be a better choice.

debonaire27
Paper Tape
Views: 1,456
Message 35 of 56

I contacted Lenovo, they sent me a replacment battery of 2220 W-hr, it is the same as in the original unit, although this one lasts 2:30 hrs. They simply will not admit that there is a very serious design flaw with the underpowered battery of the S-210. They do have a 3400 W-hr battery but claim that it will not work on my particuar S-210 model. I have my doubts. I did find a site that claims to have a six cell battery replacement and acknowledge the problem, I wonder if anyone out there bought one of these. Please let us know... Here is the web link

http://www.battery-cheap.com/lenovo-laptop-battery/Lenovo-210-Series

nishant
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,430
Message 36 of 56

I've ordered one yesterday from the same link. Got a tracking number today already, expected to deliver in 7 days, comes from Hong Kong. I'll test it out and post a response. Cheers.

sjwoo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,358
Message 37 of 56

I really love this computer except for the battery.  The picture on the site doesn't look like it would fit, but maybe it's just a standard picture.  Please do let us know how you make out.  Meanwhile, Lenovo is holding a big sale on the 3-cell:

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/itemdetails/888015454/460/E0C29513E39444D4BD525D6391651190

It's half price compared to other third-party sellers.  It says 5+ weeks shipping, but I can wait.  I placed an order and it went through.  At least this way, I get 4 hours total.

- Sung

nishant
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,346
Message 38 of 56

Nah, I guess it's not only Lenovo that cheats. That link I ordered from above, it's a completely different battery model, not meant for the 210 at all. Wasted 55 pounds on it, and now need to spend loads more on shipping it back to Hong Kong I guess, and just hope and pray that I get a refund back.

http://www.battery-cheap.com/lenovo-laptop-battery/Lenovo-210-Series

Again - this is the link from which you should NOT buy. The photo there is low resolution, and though they say it's for the 210, it's NOT.

I think I'll just sell this laptop for dead cheap, count my losses, move on and spend loads on the new Surface 3 instead, lol.

At least I know I'll be happy and won't need to plug it in every half hour when I'm watching a movie, heh.

Cheers.

debonaire27
Paper Tape
Views: 1,326
Message 39 of 56

So sorry! All this is indeed frustrating... I had a look at the connector on the battery listed at the Hong Kong site, and despite being low-res, my hunch was that the connector was not for the S-210, sorry for all your troubles, but you have helped a lot of folks out there. What I do for the time being is a hot swap with my two batteries, of course you need to be close to the charger for this, alternatively you can do a cold sawp when on the road. I talked to a customer complaints gal last week she was nice, understood the problem, said she would send me a 3400 W-hr battery if they had one and would put in a word to the powers at be to produce a 6 cell battery, I told her that lenovo should not tarnish its reputation with this design fiasco, the solution is simple, but do they have the will and the integrity....

sjwoo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,270
Message 40 of 56

Folks, guess waht -- I got the new battery in record time (only took about five days).  And even though it's a 3-cell, it is bigger than the one that came with the laptop!  36800mWh, so it's not quite double but significantly larger.  Looks like put together, my original battery and this new one will give me about five hours of runtime.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors