cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christina123
Paper Tape
Views: 216
Message 1 of 2

Touchpad on my Lenovo u330 touch is not working properly.

The hinges on my computer were askew, so I sent my computer to the service center. After 3 weeks, they returned my computer to me and told me that the top "chassi" and the bottom cover have been replaced. Not sure what they meant, because the people that fixed my computer were not there at the store to explain it to me, but I'm assuming that it's the top and bottom cover of my computer. I was told that the hardware and the software are still intact, because they didn't have to alter anything during the reparation of my computer.

The first thing I noticed when I started using my computer again is that it is very slow. It makes that "thinking" clicking sound all the time, even when I'm not using the computer (No programs/files open, long after the computer's startup). The system was VERY slow. It was laggy and irresponsive most of the time. I deleted multiple useless files and download new antivirus software to make sure that my computer is clean. The computer is no longer laggy, but the "thinking" sound is still there (it's there all the time). 

The second thing I noticed is how my touchpad didn't respond to my click. I can move the cursor around perfectly fine, but I cannot click. Neither with a tap on the touchpad nor with an actual click on the touchpad. The touchpad registers my touch, but not my click :/ Does this have anything to do with the aforementioned hardware/software/harddrive/drivers? (My computer terminology is terrible, sorry).

Thank you.

Bart2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 182
Message 2 of 2

Re: Touchpad on my Lenovo u330 touch is not working properly.

Hi, #2: Did you reinstall the Touchpad driver from the support page to test if this is a software issue ? #1&2: You could run Lenovo Solution Center/Compagnion to run a full hardware test to check if there is an issue with one of the components. This could narrow down the issue in a certain part. You could also consider a full recovery via the one key recovery app or novo button to reset the unit to factory default settings. If the issue than still occurs, it is advisable to check with Lenovo again because or your repair history. Kr,
Top Kudoed Authors