Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

06-11-2014

United States of America

4 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 2

Touchpad sometimes unresponsive - U310 Touch

2014-06-12, 17:14 PM

I've been dealing with a frustrating issue with my U310 Touch for a while now and thought I'd come here to see what else I should do or if anyone else has experienced this.

Basically, sometimes I cannot move the mouse via touchpad. I don't have a bulletproof way to replicate the issue at will, but it seems that this comes up only when the system is being taxed. I think this is happening when RAM gets full, as if the touchpad driver is purged from memory and I have to wait for it to relaunch. I'm not sure.

I have seen that there was a previously discussed issue like this when using Microsoft Office, but that is by no means the only time this happens. I generally observe this while using a browser only, though it certainly gets worse as more programs are in use.

When this happens, there is usually first a period of lag system-wide, say because of a web page loading or something like that. This is very brief and acceptable since it is a mid-range machine. But everything else, including the touchscreen, will return to working order before the mouse bounces back. The pointer is visible but won't move and I can usually even input clicks, despite the fact it doesn't move. It will last from 15-60 seconds. I haven't figured out anything I can do that makes it come back, short of waiting.

Because of the way it happens, I think it is a software issue. My spouse also has a U310 Touch and has the same problem. I have done a clean install of Windows, reinstalled drivers, uninstalled drivers, tried older drivers, tried the Synaptics generic driver, and even the Yoga 2 Pro driver when another thread suggested that. No luck.

Any suggestions?

Options

16 Posts

10-11-2013

Los Angeles

90 Signins

600 Page Views

• Views: 600
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Touchpad sometimes unresponsive - U310 Touch

2014-06-12, 17:28 PM

I do not have a solution, but I too have this problem on my U410(non touch). It only happens once or twice a week so it doesn't bother me that much. I have to hibernate my laptop and turn it back on to fix the problem. I updated my synaptics drivers from 17.0.8 to 17.0.19 to see if that fixes it, but it doesn't happen that often so I can't get back to you for a while. Hopefully, someone knows what's causing the issue.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms