Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandos
Paper Tape
Views: 912
Message 1 of 4

U160 APS (Active Protection System) driver

Hi,

I upgraded my IdeaPad U160 to Windows 7 64bit, and the download pages do not show any APS drivers. The driver that was stored in the software partition on the hard drive does not work with 64bit; in fact it prevents Windows from booting even in safe mode, so that I had to use a partition image to restore the system. Does anyone know where to download this driver? I tried the driver for the U330; it did install, but it reports very abrupt motion and parks the HDD heeds while the IdeaPad is rock steady.  I do not know if it is the wrong driver or if the motion sensor does not work correctly.

Best regards

Mandos

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 883
Message 2 of 4

Re: U160 APS (Active Protection System) driver

try this first, if it doesn't work, take a look at this thread.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Mandos
Paper Tape
Views: 856
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the suggestion. I found a U160 with Windows 7 x64 (complete with drivers folder on D: ) in an electronics store and checked the APS version numbers. They are identical to the one for the U330. Therefore I turned it on again on mine, and the strange abrupt motion it reported earlier could not be reproduced. I do not know the reason for the effect, but as it has gone now I will stay with the U330 1.70.09 driver. If I am having trouble again, I will uninstall the driver and use the one I copied from the IdeaPad in the electronics store.

Best regards

Mandos

axxio
Paper Tape
Views: 594
Message 4 of 4

"this" did not work for me, just generated the bluescreen again. Furtunately pressing F8 during windows boot and selecting last working configuration did the trick for me... I did not have to reinstall or use an image.

The U330 driver works, just make sure you uninstall any other version before!

Thanks Mandos...

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ge/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_2047.html#

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors