Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Francesco_Swiss
Paper Tape
Views: 1,988
Message 21 of 59

Re: U160 Turbo Boost broken?!

lenovo german/switzerland told me, that there are no rewored devices! They told me to send back the device for getting back my money! ... that can't be it! .... are there working devices?
the lenovo-guy also told me that lenovo calls back all u160 i7 620 .... is that true ... please help me .. lenovo switzerland let me down ... I trusted lenovo .. whats going on?????
Lensen
What's DOS?
Views: 1,965
Message 22 of 59

I am realy annoyed, too.

I told twice to the german hotline. First time i talked to a lady who send me a link where i should check again the benchmark results and call back them the next day. My impression of the next day was that the guy on the phone did not realy get what i told him. After several minutes of explanation he told me to send the device to repair. So i did.

Yesterday i got my device back, but no rework. The only thing they did was resetting the system...

So i have to call them monday again. 

jello
Paper Tape
Views: 1,576
Message 23 of 59

I've been really interested in purchasing a U160 for a while, but after some research I discovered this problem with Turbo Boost.  

I'm in the US, but does anyone know if the new models with the 470UM i5 still have this issue?  I'd love to drop 700 bucks on one of these awesome little laptops, but I'm extremely reluctant considering all of your troubles.  Not to mention, it seems Lenovo's product support is frustratingly lacking to say the least.

Any help would be much appreciated, 

John.

DanielNTX
Punch Card
Views: 1,506
Message 24 of 59

@jello wrote:

I'm in the US, but does anyone know if the new models with the 470UM i5 still have this issue?  

Any help would be much appreciated, 

John.

Hi John,
I bought the U160 with the Core i5 470U and Turbo Boosts works according to the Intel Turbo Boost Monitor and CPU-Z.  Normal speed is 1.33 GHz and will jump to 1.8 GHz and between when needed.

jello
Paper Tape
Views: 1,471
Message 25 of 59

Daniel,

Thanks for the response!  it's a big help.. I was hoping someone would respond.

Good to know it works..   Other than that, any notable likes or dislikes/ quirks about the U160?  I'm considering one of these over an Acer TimelineX 1830 because I've heard the build quality of the TimelineX is kind of flimsy, and I'm not extremely gentle with my laptops.  

What's the build quality like on your U160?  I figure being the manufacturer of Thinkpads, Lenovo's Ideapads are probably at least better quality than Acer's Timeline.

Hey man, any other info is much appreciated, as is your response,

John

Gaston
What's DOS?
Views: 1,175
Message 26 of 59

OMG!

i got buy my u160 today here in Germany whit i5 430um, i read about that trouble about turbo boost, but i hoped i get a good one, bbut now i see that its the same, turbo boost just cant get on.

i called the support and the supporter was a little....Woman Mad

she said, "people use to many programs and install many **bleep**", i should use a pc cleanner and a antivirus and all gonna get better! LOL.

so, i am soooo angry. and sad. Its a nice notebook, but that is a big bug.

i think a got to bringt it to the seller and WAAAAAIIIITTT.

one more data mfg date: 10/06/20.

Happy new year!.... but not for me :-(

One question, do you get a good result after you bring it to the reseller?

Former Administrator
Views: 1,160
Message 27 of 59

Gaston,

Service should be able to replace the system board for you, or you could return to where you bought it for exchange / refund.  There were a small number of units incorrectly manufactured and Lenovo had worked with resellers to get these back to correct the last year, but it seems a few may still turn up.

Very sorry you had this trouble.  Let me know if you need more help!

Mark

Gaston
What's DOS?
Views: 1,150
Message 28 of 59

Thx for the fast reply.
i need the u160 these week, and denn i gonna try it.
i gonna let you know.
bye.
derloe
Punch Card
Views: 1,002
Message 29 of 59

Hello Mark,

sorry to say this, but I have the same problem with a new u160  i7 620 bought end of December in Germany. Model was built in June 2010. Turbo boost does not go above 1.46 Ghz (mainly when nothing is to do) and Benchmark results are bad. So I called Lenovo support and they told me to send the unit in. Now I got it back and nothing was done. Comment was something like "No failure" and "CPU check was done". Benchmark results are the same and from my opinion turbo boost does not work correct.

The shop seller says I can not change the unit because Lenovo did not find anything.

Now I am really desperate, what should I do?

Thanks and best regards

Karsten

Former Employee
Views: 924
Message 30 of 59

@derloe,

Kindly provide me with the following information and I will assist you to log a case to the complaints team regarding this issue which you are facing on the U160.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
Model Type:
Serial Number:
Date of Purchase:
Case #:
Issue: U160 - Turbo Boost is not working.

Please send the above via PM.

//JameZ

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals