03-14-2013

Canada

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 41 of 48

Re: U300s trackpad freeze

2013-03-14, 23:50 PM

I purchased a U300s and the trackpad didn't work at all out of the box. I returned it to the store and got another U300s, unfortunately it has trackpad issues as well. The trackpad will just stop working at random times and I have to resort to using a mouse. I am concerned that something needs to be addressed with this model.

Options

1 Posts

04-02-2013

Mexico City

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 42 of 48

2013-04-02, 4:29 AM

I could hardly be a software issue. Many reports suggest it is a hardware problem. I don't even have Windows installed and I have the same problem with recurrent trackpad freezes.

I did a stupid thing: I totally erased the disk, including the repair partition of Windows, in order to install Ubuntu. So I don't even have a warranty -- my other mistake being born in a Third World country, where Lenovo customer support is basically non existent.

This is perhaps the most beautiful and undoubtedly the worst computer I ever have. I will never, never buy Lenovo again.

My two cents, with apologies for my rudimentary English.

Options

1 Posts

04-08-2013

8 Signins

32 Page Views

• Message 43 of 48

2013-04-08, 18:47 PM

I owned this laptop for about 7-8 months now and within the first month of owning it the whole screen randomly went out and I had to send it in for repair. The process took one month and I got a new screen but there are obvious signs of prying and marks everywhere. 

Now recently a month ago my touchpad randomly stops working and randomly works. If I reset the computer it will work for 1-2 minutes then die again. If Im using it and I shift the laptop it will stop working. Now this is a fairly new product from lenovo and there are SO many people being affected by the same problems. This is definetly a manufacturer's defect and there should be a extension on warranty or a recall on specific parts on this product. I am now resorting to a mouse but even then sometimes my keyboard will freeze up and I have to resort to a on-screen keyboard..

Options

1 Posts

09-04-2013

netherlands

1 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 44 of 48

2013-09-04, 18:05 PM

i'm willing to send in computer but i live in amsterdam.....

Options

5 Posts

10-01-2012

Slovenia

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 45 of 48

2013-10-04, 0:22 AM

I think I'm onto something, guys. The trackpad problem has been reoccuring for me, even though I said in a previous post that uninstalling the cypress driver solved my problem (it reoccured a few days later). Like others have already pointed it out, the trackpad would rarely work and even the keyboard would occasionally stop working. A reboot would fix the keyboard problem, but would not necessarily bring the trackpad back to life.

I didn't want to send the laptop to service because I needed my laptop, so I have been resorting to an external mouse. Recently when the keyboard stopped responding again, I tried pushing as many keys as possible and found out that a few would respond. The particaular keys that responded strongly suggest that it is a software problem. The keys that responded were all laptop functions: the "WiFi Enable/Disable key", "microphone enable/disable key" and "camera enable/disable" key.

I have been trying to find a pattern to the seemingly random trackpad and keyboard freezes. It turns out, that the trackpad will work on a fresh boot (and will not die after some time - not even the keyboard), if you disabled the WiFi (the F7 key) just before you turned your laptop off the previous time - so that it stays turned off when the laptop boots up. After it has started up, you can turn the WiFi back on.

I will report back if this solution is not consistent (if the problem returns). I must say that I am disappointed that there are no official Lenovo support employees on this forum, that would look into the problem and the user is left with either having to send the laptop to service (and not having the laptop for some time) or trying to solve the problem on his own.

Options

5 Posts

10-01-2012

Slovenia

5 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 46 of 48

2013-10-06, 18:04 PM
Nope... It keeps trolling me. The above described method doesn't work anymore. The trackpad is unresponsive even from a fresh boot.
Options

1 Posts

12-17-2013

Chicago, IL, USA

1 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 47 of 48

2013-12-17, 18:53 PM

I'm also experiencing this issue.

Sometimes the trackpad just stops working. Sometimes rebooting fixes it, sometimes rebooting does nothing. Sometimes clicking down on the trackpad and dragging around with all of my fingers fixes the problem, sometimes it does not.

I experienced the issue both in Ubuntu 12.04 and in the Windows 7 that came with the laptop. I am also experiencing it after reinstalling Windows 7.

I installed the Dell drivers mentioned by therourke but they did not fix the issue.

Has anyone had any luck resolving this issue?

Options

1 Posts

04-29-2014

Prague, Czech Republic

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 48 of 48

2014-04-29, 14:09 PM

After experiencing the same issue as described above I sent the computer for a repair. When it came back the problem manifested itself again within seconds. The whole thing took exactly 2 weeks and as you can imagine I look forward to being notebookless for another two weeks before I get my money back.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms