Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyclingal
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,563
Message 1 of 7

U310 Bluetooth does not pair or find other devices

I have a U310 ideapad and Windows 8.1.  Bluetooth cannot detect anything to connect to.  My phone connects happily to other devices and has previously worked on this laptop.  I deleted and reinstalled bluetooth drivers with no improvement.   I have also read through other posts on this forum and cant find anything else that seems to work.

TIA

Alan

Moderator note: corrected model in subject.  Was:  T420's

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,551
Message 2 of 7

Re: U310 Bluetooth does not pair or find other devices

Check the bluetooth settings in the control panel, and make sure it is turned on and none of the settings will prevent connection.

Also check the device manager and see if there is a problem with the bluetooth radio itself.

Do you have a signal strength application on your laptop? If you do, how strong is the signal? You could have an antenna issue.

Hoov
Former Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security
SpywareHammer.com
cyclingal
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,535
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your help.  Your sugestions pointed me in a different direction.  I disconnected my my phone from my bluetooth speaker and managed to connect.  

Following that I can now find my phone via bluetooth and pair with it, but the connection does not hold after that

Swap the pairing code and then it installs on the laptop and then fails to connect

THanks

Alan

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,528
Message 4 of 7

You mention unpairing your IPhone from the speaker, but have you also unpaired the speaker from the IPhone?

I have seen it happen that if both sides of the pair are not unpaired, then the next connection does not always work correctly.

Hoov
SpywareHammer.com
cyclingal
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,500
Message 5 of 7

I have switched the speaker off and I am trying to connect my note2 to my laptop. They can find each other but after pairing they don't connect. I was using the speaker just to test as now both laptop and phone can connect and play to the speaker.
cyclingal
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,496
Message 6 of 7

The Galaxy note 2 and laptop connected ok when the laptop was windows 8.0
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,484
Message 7 of 7

I am not sure if this will work, it seems a little off the wall (as does your problem) but I found this, http://www.wiknix.com/solved-bluetooth-device-not-working-in-windows-8-1/ .

Make sure to create a restore point before trying this. Let me know how it goes.

Hoov
SpywareHammer.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals