Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libelula
What's DOS?
Views: 293
Message 1 of 2

U310 Touch Display shows wrong resolution at BIOS, Windows and Linux

Hello,

Thank you for your time, my issue started with a broken screen, I asked for a replacement through mail, when I installed the new screen it seemed to work fine. At a certain time of turning off the computer and starting it, the resolution is off by 86 pixels horizontal, the original resolution is 1366x768 (16:9), and now shows 1280x800 or multiples (w=1280,h=*).

At first I thought it was an issue with drivers with Windows 10 the forums entries I found seem to indicate this, tried all of them. I also tried the custom screen resolution tool from Intel, it adds the resolution inside the tool, but it does not list the new resolution in the "graphics properties" section.

With no luck at solving the problem I tried to boot a GNU/Linux Live version from a FlashDrive, with GNU/Linux showing the same resolution limitation. I've noticed that going to the BIOS is showing the same screen usage. After this, my old screen still works it just the crystal that got cracked, I reinstalled and noticed that has the same screen size problem, so is not the new screen it seems.

This is the point till I've gotten, don't know much about UEFI maybe it saves screen resolution information at a place I can't reach, and is not adapting itself correctly imposing it screen scan to the OS that start to work after UEFI. The only thing that comes to mind.

Your help is appreciated,

Thank you.

Libelula
What's DOS?
Views: 224
Message 2 of 2

Re: U310 Touch Display shows wrong resolution at BIOS, Windows and Linux

Hello,

Today I tried the computer with my Television through the HDMI outlet, now on the Television it does show a 1366x768 60Hz, the display of the computer changes to 1280x768 58p. So in other words the display adapter is able to do the resolution it seems that is not able to read correct information about the screen resolution correctly. Remember to add what I wrote in the previous post which still true.

Regards.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors