Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
woodola
Paper Tape
Views: 2,202
Message 1 of 3

U310 Touchpad sensitivity

Hi, I have a Lenovo U310, and I think my cursor is jumping due to touchpad sensitivity. I cannot find the Ultranav tab on the far right after I went to Mouse. Please help.

Moderator Note; subject edited; post moved here from a ThinkPad board

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,157
Message 2 of 3

Re: U310 Touchpad sensitivity

hi mupadhyay0117,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Your problem might be similar to this thread. Try to adjust the touchpad's sensitivity to fix the issue.

If the computer came with a Synaptics Touchpad, can you try to:

1. Go to the Control Panel (large icon view) then > click Mouse > Device Settings tab > Settings

2. Under the Synaptics Settings, go to Pointing > Sensitivity > Palmcheck and adjust the bar near the maximum settings

Spoiler
palm sensitivity.png

If you have an ELAN touchpad, try to:

3. Adjust the PalmTracking option under Additional Tab on the ELAN Smart Pad settings near the maximum settings

Spoiler
palm.png

Let me know your findings

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

PandDlong
What's DOS?
Views: 2,111
Message 3 of 3

Re: U310 Touchpad sensitivity

I have a U410 and I am hoping to solve the same problem.  I have no touchpad adjustment options.  In the control panel when I select Mouse all I get is a generic Microsoft PS/2 compatible mouse type dialog boxes.  Basic pointer controls but no recognition that there is a touchpad on the machine at all.  The driver is dated 2006 and I selected 'Update Driver' and it came back and said it was up-to-date.

I lament that touchpads have taken over the laptop world but it is what it is but I would have thought that some degree of control to the user would be provided.    I don't understand how the tapping function is useful - I have had to stop and fix my typing 6 times in this little note already.  Help me!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors