Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abraham
Blue Screen Again
Views: 58,221
Message 1 of 44

U310 can no longer access bios

I bought a u310 slightly used but had a failing HDD. The person who was using it installed an operating system on the SSD and now I can't seem to access the bios at all. I had read that this may happen if Rapid Start is not disabled before formatting the SSD. 

What do I need to do to be able to access the bios again? There is no bios files listed as a download for this computer so I can't even seem to be able to flash the bios.

I already sent it to lenovo to replace the HDD and instead they tried to charge me $167 to image the machine, which I said no to and they sent the computer back without fixing it.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 58,063
Message 2 of 44

Re: U310 can no longer access bios

Are you able use temporary boot device feature? Meantime you could press Fn+F2 at the lenovo screen and you might have a look at below thread

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/SOLUTION-Press-F2-to-Enter-Setup-does-NOT-Appe...

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
abraham
Blue Screen Again
Views: 58,058
Message 3 of 44

If by temporary boot device feature you mean pushing Fn+F12 to see the boot menu, then yes that works. But I can't get to the bios. I even tried using the one key recovery and going to 'Enter Setup' from there and still, nothing.

I tried holding 'b' while the computer booted and that also did nothing. 

Any other ideas?

Former Employee
Views: 58,019
Message 4 of 44

hi abraham,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about the BIOS issue you're facing though. 

Base from your thread it appears that there might be some conflict from in the machine. If you're unable to access the BIOS using the key "FN+F2", you might want to try taking out the SSD or HDD, and try hitting the "FN+F2" to access the BIOS. To me I think the SSD is stoping you from accessing the BIOS.

It is worth the try and do let me know of the results.

Regards

abraham
Blue Screen Again
Views: 58,008
Message 5 of 44

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried almost every combination of things to get into the bios and still have not had any luck. Using the Fn+F2 method of course (although I have tried just F2 and a number of other combinations as well.)

1. I tried taking out the HDD

2. I tried taking out the SSD

3. I tried taking out both the SSD and the HDD

4. I even removed the CMOS battery, which gave me a date/time warning on startup, but still, can't access the bios.

Any other possible solutions?

bilet86
Paper Tape
Views: 57,979
Message 6 of 44

Have the same problem - cant enter BIOS and even select boot device by pressing/holding F2/Fn+F2. I think this article can help, but i haven't original BIOS file. Where can I download it for try?

Gcenx
Paper Tape
Views: 57,908
Message 7 of 44

Ok I recently had this same problem, tried everything listed and nothing worked not removing the hard drive & SSD CMOS Battery nothing.

However it can be fixed for U310 download the following U310 Bios file, after that download winrar and then extract its contents, move that folder to your C drive.

Now edit the bios.bat file (just copy past over everything to whats in the box below)

winflash.exe /ec /bios /cvar /bbl /Sa 65CN13WW.wph

Now save and run the File as Administrator.

Let your system reboot give it some time as it will reboot at least once more before even getting into windows after that you will start to see the normal fn+F2/fn+F12 prompts.

abraham
Blue Screen Again
Views: 57,810
Message 8 of 44

Looks like Lenovo has released the bios file needed to flash the bios. Perfect!
B0D_Mr4ZU
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 57,651
Message 9 of 44

I have win8 on my U310 an this flasher keeps giving me error, that the  BIOS file is invalid, but he uses the "65CN13WW.wph" file, is there something I can do? (I have a problem, taht my power button keeps blinking even when the computer is off... and the fan is not on continually but whenever it wants.. It's like that after I installed fedora 17 and then windows 8...)
I hope, flashing BIOS will help my problem..

pc-doctor
Fanfold Paper
Views: 55,818
Message 10 of 44

THe so called solution is not Working at all !

Invalid Bios Image

Give us an Valid Bios that can be flashed...

We need support not Work Arounds

[quote]

Ok I recently had this same problem, tried everything listed and nothing worked not removing the hard drive & SSD CMOS Battery nothing.

However it can be fixed for U310 download the following U310 Bios file, after that download winrar and then extract its contents, move that folder to your C drive.

Now edit the bios.bat file (just copy past over everything to whats in the box below)

winflash.exe /ec /bios /cvar /bbl /Sa 65CN13WW.wph

Now save and run the File as Administrator.

Let your system reboot give it some time as it will reboot at least once more before even getting into windows after that you will start to see the normal fn+F2/fn+F12 prompts.

[/quote]

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors