04-13-2011 08:47 PM
Wrote a month or so ago about a faulty U330 battery. I replaced it with a new one and am having the same issue--rapid discharge. For example, the battery power goes from 100% to 95% within 3 mintues, from 95% to 73% within 15 minutes. With the original battery, I noticed that its power could stay at 0% for quite some time before the computer shut down. The battery lasts a decently long time, but the real issue is that I pretty much have spontaneous shutdowns since I can't predict the actual power remaining. Could this be a Win 7 issue and not an issue with the battery's actual capacity? Any other suggestions on how to fix this?
04-14-2011 12:25 AM
Curious to know is the replacement battery that you bought is it from Lenovo or is it a generic brand battery ?
If this is a Lenovo battery, might I suggest the following link :
If the above does not help, could you try the following.
1. Replacement Battery to be drained.
2. Replacement Battery to be fully charge. During this time do not turn on the U330
3. Once fully charge, turn on computer and login to your operating system. Do not launch any application and if possible disable any apps that auto starts.
4. Change the power management to "do not turn off hard drive and monitor" when battery is used
5. Adjust screen brightness to 50%
6. Leave the laptop idle,
7. Check within 3-5 minutes if the battery level drops from 100% to 95%
8. record your finding and reply back.