Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seeker
Paper Tape
Views: 854
Message 1 of 2

U330 External display problem.

Hello I just bought a U330 and I am having problem using it with my external monitor attached via VGA. The laptop won't let me set the maximum resolution as 1920 by 1200. Every time I try to force it to display at 1920 x 1200 resolution, it will simply go to 1600 by 1200. In addition the display also flickers a lot as if the drivers are trying to change the resolution randomly. I've tried connecting through the HDMI port with some success and I was able to get 1920 x 1200 resolution. However a new problem arose. Every time i get past the login screen, my laptop screen turns black and nothing gets displayed. The HD is still clicking and I am sure that the programs are still running but the screen is black?

Has anyone else had this problem? I am thinking the ATI drivers are just crap either that or the video card on my laptop is just malfunctioning? FYI I am using a westinghouse L2410 24" Display.

Retired Guru
Views: 798
Message 2 of 2

Re: U330 External display problem.

I suggest VGA as not great choice for !920[1200 resolution - analog interfaces are not great for this. You should better use HDMI.

Anyway, try switching to another videocard - this may also help with your black screen situation. As a method I'd switch to it in BIOS.

//help will save the world

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors