Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riax
Paper Tape
Views: 1,561
Message 1 of 5

U330 Touch lenovo power manager, USB Charging, Dust Removal

Hello

I am on my second identical U330 Touch as my first failed, and when bought the laptop was completely reset and had non of lenovo's original software installed and also updated from windows 8 to windows 10

I Installed lenovo power manager 1.5.0.18 but under 'settings' tab there its missing the option to turn off/on USB charging at will (iv enabled it in the bios and windows suspension it works) also update and dust removal is missing

Examples of what it should look like and what it dose now.

origin2al.jpgUntitled.pngUntitled1.png

In the power management help it lists USB charging as one of the options that is activated if its supported

Am I missing some drivers, how can i get theses options working again? the laptop is still under warranty.

This software is not available on the software/drivers page windows 8 or 10 of the u330 even though it came with new laptops and is still being sold with new laptops

This functionality worked perfectly on my previous laptop under windows 8 and also window 10, I also see other lenovo laptops in the shops running windows 10 with the options available.

Thank You

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,538
Message 2 of 5

Re: U330 Touch lenovo power manager, USB Charging, Dust Removal

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

For Windows 10, Energy Manager isn't  100% compatible and it is recommended that it be removed.  The complete listing of non-compatible applications with Windows 10 can be found here....

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht103611

As for the USB charging and Conservation Mode settings, those options can now be found in the Lenovo Settings app that is available from the Windows Store.  With the loss of Energy Manager, I suspect the de-dusting feature is no longer available.

The Lenovo Companion app from the Windows Store also offers an system update feature if that is of interest.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Riax
Paper Tape
Views: 1,531
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for the quick reply

Iv tested out both apps

Lenovo settings:

Parasitic app as it basically opens Microsoft settings whenever you want to change something instead of providing its own intuitive interface and menus. Also USB power options do not work nor dose the conservation mode. (Yes previous power management was uninstalled)

Lenovo Companion:

Ok app for a quick update that it provides, but ultimately of no long term use

Unfortunately this was not the answer I was hoping for

I will keep using the old 'incompatible' power management program since its ALOT better then other options even without USB charger or Dust Removal, the power conservation and power plan options work fine.

• Quick clean interface
  • 1-2 Clicks to change settings
  • Sits on the taskbar for quick and easy access
  • Low, Med, High power modes
  • Not Bloated

I don’t understand why its no longer supported even though it works if installed from windows 8 first then updated to 10, but not when installed o n windows 10.

I really hope that lenovo brings back this application as it always been one of best parts of owning a lenovo laptop in my experience and was also a reason I bought a top spec Yoga 3 before returning and getting a U330 again.

(Was sadly returned due to really terrible max screen brightness that made it simply unusable in all but a dark room; No good for work or your eyes! a perfect laptop ruined!!)

Thank You.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,519
Message 4 of 5

In regards to the Lenovo Settings app not working, after the Windows 10 install did you install the Chipset driver and the ACPI driver?

As for Energy Manager, if you previously has success with it working in Windows 10, have you considered re-installing it in Windows 10 using compatibility mode? 

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

AlleyViper
Punch Card
Views: 1,484
Message 5 of 5

I'm using the old Energy Manager v1.0.0.32 with all of it's functions working under W10, the laptop is a U330p with latest 7CCN62WW firmware which shouldn't be much different. Ensure that under device manager you have the Lenovo ACPI-Compliant Virtual Power Controller under System Devices, and then you should be set. Under windows 10240 and 10586 this software has always worked without a problem as it did on W8 and W8.1

Also, I've tried the newer Lenovo Settings App. IIRC USB charging and battery conservation modes were working, but it never enabled the Airplane Mode key (Fn+ F7). The Lenovo Utility (utility.exe) that comes with the old Energy Manager is required for that particular key to function on this laptop.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors