cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dolharz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,347
Message 1 of 16

U350 + W7 + Lenovo Energy drivers - causing crashes at system hybernation or resume

Hello,

I bought a Lenovo U350 with Vista preinstalled. I installed Windows 7. I noticed that system randomly crashed during hybernation or resume process: after about half an hour of trying to "hybernate" or "resume", the system forces a shutdown.

I performed a clean install of Windows and tried to isolate the problematic driver (one driver every 2-4 days, performing lots of sleeps and hybernations in between). The problem occurs ONLY if the Lenovo Energy drivers are installed (IN1EGC02WW5.exe)

The issue is that without "energy" drivers, I can't use ambient light sensor and bluetooth, since the Fn+F5 key interface doesn't work.

The following is logged in system log:

Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date:          6.11.2009 21:05:17
Event ID:      1001
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Nix.xxx
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f (0x00000003, 0x85295030, 0x8078adb0, 0x84d90f00). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 110609-21918-01.
Is there a solution to this issue?

Thank you,

Ziga Dolhar

pak
Paper Tape
Views: 4,307
Message 2 of 16

Re: U350 + W7 + Lenovo Energy drivers - causing crashes at system hybernation or resume

I have exactly the same situation like you. i hope Lenovo release new Energy drivers for W7 soon.

dolharz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,275
Message 3 of 16

Re: U350 + W7 + Lenovo Energy drivers - causing crashes at system hybernation or resume

Indeed. Current drivers (http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_1814.html) are declared as for W7.

It would also be welcome if Lenovo would provide their standing on this issue.

dolharz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,960
Message 4 of 16

Is there any chance Lenovo would comment on this issue? :-/

ideau350
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,914
Message 5 of 16

Did the rest of the drivers and other Fn key combinations are working as expected?

Iam about to receive my Win 7 upgrade DVD soon, and I'm excited.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,859
Message 6 of 16

Hi dolhartz,

Welcome to Lenovo Forum!

Thanks for your posting and i am impressed with your patience to help iron out the possible root cause of the issue.

System crash is very serious and I know another forum member pak has reported the same. I would like to collect some machine info from you for escalation and get engineeres to look into it.

• OS (e.g. win 7 ultimate, 64bit)
  • Machine Type Model (e.g. 7660-14A)

Thanks for pointing this out!

Regards,

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
dolharz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,831
Message 7 of 16

Cleo, thank you for your attention.

MO: QB09081121 (I hope this is the number you seek, written just next to the serial number)

If there is interest, I can provide the minidump file.

Yours, Ziga Dolhar

coolqf
Paper Tape
Views: 3,576
Message 8 of 16

I use to have this exact sam problem.  I downloaded the latest video card drivers from the Lenovo website for the U350 and installed the latest Synaptic drivers from synaptics.com and the problem went completely away!

I also have a U350 with W7 64bit.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 3,564
Message 9 of 16

Hi dolharz,

Sorry for late response. Anyway, I guess that is not the machine type model. Is yours Type 2963? You can check at the white printed label at the back of your notebook.

Cheers,

Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
dolharz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,522
Message 10 of 16

Cleo,

I took the photo of the white label and am sending it to you by way of a separate private message. I think this should be the easiest way to determine the number you seek Smiley Happy.

In the meantime, I (again) installed the supspect problematic driver this monday. Thus far, the computer has not crashed a single time. However, the difference this time is that I have NOT enabled the ALS (ambient light sensor) control, which I did previously. 

I will continue to have it off for the next few days just to be sure; then, I'll have it turned on and see if the crashes return.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors