cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coolqf
Paper Tape
Views: 5,001
Message 11 of 16

Re: U350 + W7 + Lenovo Energy drivers - causing crashes at system hybernation or resume

Did you update the drivers as I recommended?

birdlover
Paper Tape
Views: 4,966
Message 12 of 16

Re: U350 + W7 + Lenovo Energy drivers - causing crashes at system hybernation or resume

Hi dolharz,

Thank you very much for your information.

I still have several questions about your U350.

Firstly, what' the BIOS version of your U350?

You can find it by pressing F2 to enter BIOS settings after powering on. It is something like 1CCN**WW.

Secondly, your windows 7 is OEM or non-OEM?  What's build version of OS?

You can find this info. at "About Windows".  It should be like Version 6.1 (7600).

Thanks a lot for your time!

Tian

dolharz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,924
Message 13 of 16

Hey,

I apologize for a bit of a late reply.

First, coolqf: 

I use to have this exact sam problem.  I downloaded the latest video card drivers from the Lenovo website for the U350 and installed the latest Synaptic drivers from synaptics.com and the problem went completely away!

I use the drivers as of the date I first posted on this forum. From that time on, I have not updated any drivers. I see, however, that the graphics driver was updated on the lenovo page in the meantime. For touchpad, I use Lenovo provided drivers (again, from the website) and not directly from Synaptics. I will try both updates in a few days time, thanks for the tip!

birdlover:

Thank you very much for your information.

I still have several questions about your U350.

Firstly, what' the BIOS version of your U350?

You can find it by pressing F2 to enter BIOS settings after powering on. It is something like 1CCN**WW.

Secondly, your windows 7 is OEM or non-OEM?  What's build version of OS?

You can find this info. at "About Windows".  It should be like Version 6.1 (7600).

Thanks a lot for your time!

BIOS version: 1CCN16WW

Windows 7: 32 bit, Ultimate, 6.1 (Build 7600). I installed it from a non-OEM (non-branded) MSDNAA/Bizspark image downloaded from Microsoft (SW_DVD5_Win_Ult_7_32BIT_English_X15-65921.ISO).

I have to report on the findings I reached in the last week. As said, I installed the Energy drivers again last monday. There were no issues at all in the meantime: the system entered sleep / hybernation and resumed flawlessly each time.

However, as promised, yesterday I enabled the ALS chechbox. Immediately afterwards, all hybernations and sleeps were successful. However, after restarting the computer, I put it to hybernation. After it tried to resume for about 30 minutes, I rebooted it. Windows loader asked whether I want to resume it or delete the hybernation data. I decided to resume nevertheless - and it resumed OK.

However, today I had 2 consecutive cases of a failed hybernation. I have uploaded the memory dump file and will send you the link by a separate private message. However, checking the event viewer, I discovered the following (which also occurred with every previous crash) event in system log:

Log Name:      System

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DriverFrameworks-UserMode

Date:          29.12.2009 14:33:58

Event ID:      10114

Task Category: Startup of the UMDF reflector

Level:         Information

Keywords:      (2)

User:          SYSTEM

Computer:      Nix.*

Description:

The UMDF reflector was unable to complete startup because the WUDFPf service was not found.  This service may be started later during boot, at which point Windows will attempt to start the device again.

Log Name:      System
Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
Date:          29.12.2009 14:33:58
Event ID:      219
Task Category: (212)
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      
User:          SYSTEM
Computer:      Nix.*
Description:
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\ACPI0008\2&daba3ff&1.

According to the systemstate xml file, the ACPI0008 appears to be the light sensor.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 4,474
Message 14 of 16

Hi dolharz,

The team could not reproduce the case and we found there is a tip from Microsoft, however, we're not sure if it fixed your issue. Give it a try Smiley Happy

Error when put a computer that is running Win 7 or Win Server 2008 R2 into sleep/hibernation

Hope this helps.

Regard,
Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
jg123
What's DOS?
Views: 4,373
Message 15 of 16

I am having the same problem with W7 32-bit Home Premium and my U350 with ALS enabled. I will try turning it off and see if the machine will resume properly.

jg123
What's DOS?
Views: 4,284
Message 16 of 16

Installing MS's hotfix is preventing the crashes I was seeing before. Hurrah!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors