Options

3 Posts

08-17-2012

Vancouver BC Canada

3 Signins

170 Page Views

• Views: 170
  • Message 1 of 4

U400 HARD DRIVE ISSUES too many calls to customer service with no help or proper response.

2012-08-17, 23:56 PM

Nevermind I wont do it im returning the ssd im desperate to speed up my machine though and I was told this is pretty much the only way by customer service as they said there are issues fitting standard size laptop ssd harddrives into the ideapad u400 computer so lenovo doesnt offer this option. But I have been having issues with my computer being slow and my hard drive not displaying any detailed info in windows 7. Its soo slow i couldnt imagine its 7200rpm but ive been assured multiple times on the phone by customer service. Called a lenovo certified service and warranty center at a local store they told me they wouldnt and couldnt do anything for me as they only work on, servce and offer warranty support for thinkpads. Ive been very frustrated I was even told by customer service that if they opened it up i would only find out that they are right and it contained the 7200rpm hard drive as the model I ordered states in features. I am certain this is a 5200rpm machine but I was told I would have to pay to send it in to lenovo for service they would open it if there is something wrong to check and fix any speed issues but since the computer does run they said its most likely some software or a virus and that I would have to pay and they would not open the machine unless they saw something being wrong with it which they wouldnt. They also said it definately contains the correct parts. I guess I have no real option but to have it opened in front of me or attempt it myself since I am a CST student half way through my program im sure its possible but I hate to have to resort to this since it should have just been taken care of to begin with if I find out this computer has the wrong drive in it and that ive had to deal with all this trouble just to find out 2 weeks before the next term of school starts when Ill need my laptop most that I was being lied to and was sent an incorrect product I will be seriously seriously frustrated and upset more so than I am now. Im going to find out now. If i was sent an incorrect product that is not what I had ordered and paid for and was denied any other option but to go to these lengths to prove this then I will be demanding that lenovo make things right by supplying me with a working computer to make up for all my lost time dealing with service staff that refuse to provide service of any kind and the frustration of having to setup all of my software for school over again on another computer which i shouldnt have to do. This should have been dealt with when i first raised the issue. I will be posting the outcome and what is found out very soon.

Options

8516 Posts

01-13-2008

US

77398 Signins

2201679 Page Views

• Views: 2201679
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: U400 msata installation HELP NEEDED

2012-08-18, 0:22 AM

Hello and welcome,

Have you already looked at the hardware maintenance manual?  Page 74 and on.

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/ideapad_%20u300_u300s_u400_hmm_1st_edition_oct_2011.pdf

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities: English Deutsch Español Português Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Polski Türkçe Moto English

Options

3 Posts

08-17-2012

Vancouver BC Canada

3 Signins

170 Page Views

• Views: 170
  • Message 3 of 4

u400 shipped with wrong hard drive TROUBLE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE

2012-08-19, 21:39 PM

Here is my previous post that I made with the details of my situation: I have been having issues with my computer being slow and my hard drive not displaying any detailed info in windows 7. Its so slow I couldn't imagine its 7200rpm but ive been assured multiple times on the phone by customer service. Called a lenovo certified service and warranty center at a local store they told me they wouldnt and couldnt do anything for me as they only work on, service and offer warranty support for thinkpads. Ive been very frustrated I was even told by customer service that if they opened it up I would only find out that they are right and it contained the 7200rpm hard drive as the model I ordered states in features. I am certain this is a 5200rpm machine but I was told I would have to pay to send it in to lenovo for service they would open it if there is something wrong to check and fix any speed issues but since the computer does run they said its most likely some software or a virus and that I would have to pay and they would not open the machine unless they saw something being wrong with it which they wouldn't. They also said it definitely contains the correct parts. I guess I have no real option but to have it opened in front of me or attempt it myself since I am a CST student half way through my program im sure its possible but I hate to have to resort to this since it should have just been taken care of to begin with if I find out this computer has the wrong drive in it and that ive had to deal with all this trouble just to find out 2 weeks before the next term of school starts when Ill need my laptop most that I was being lied to and was sent an incorrect product I will be seriously seriously frustrated and upset more so than I am now. Im going to find out now. If I was sent an incorrect product that is not what I had ordered and paid for and was denied any other option but to go to these lengths to prove this then I will be demanding that lenovo make things right by supplying me with a working computer to make up for all my lost time dealing with service staff that refuse to provide service of any kind and the frustration of having to setup all of my software for school over again on another computer which I shouldn't have to do. This should have been dealt with when I first raised the issue. I will be posting the outcome and what is found out very soon.

UPDATE (computer was shipped with wrong hard drive):

I have now found out that lenovo did in fact ship the u400 laptop with the wrong hard drive as it contains a 5400rpm drive and the details of my order state clearly I was supposed to receive a system with a 7200rpm drive. After all this frustration I now have to wait even longer to call lenovo again on Monday and deal with the customer service staff that refused to help me in any way and have constantly denied my claim was correct and assured me that I was wrong. I am very upset about this and have yet to get a response from anyone at lenovo on these forums, so I will have to contact customer service yet again tomorrow when they reopen after the weekend.

Options

9380 Posts

11-27-2007

SK

15518 Signins

2040239 Page Views

• Views: 2040239
  • Message 4 of 4

Re: u400 shipped with wrong hard drive TROUBLE WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE

2012-08-21, 8:58 AM

Hi etristanb, welcome to the forum,

Some U400 systems are equipped with 5400rpm drives and some with 7200rpm drives.  In order for members to establish exactly which U400 you have and and offer advice maybe you could post the Type and Model number of your U400, this can be found on the underside of the system and should consist of 4+3 letters and numbers e.g. 0993-3LU

Thanks

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete