Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raykok
Punch Card
Views: 9,537
Message 1 of 8

U400 - cd stucked inside the drive

I have a cd stucked inside the slot in drive. Pressing the eject button will hear the sound of the drive trying to move the thing out but the disk just didn't come out. What should I do?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 9,524
Message 2 of 8

Re: U400 - cd stucked inside the drive

there is small hole near the eject button dvd drive. use something ( needle ) to stick in.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
raykok
Punch Card
Views: 9,518
Message 3 of 8

@yigit, I couldn't find any hole...
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 9,505
Message 4 of 8

Retired Guru
Views: 9,502
Message 5 of 8

If there is no hole for manual eject (slot load dvd)
laptop must be disassembled to remove drive/disk.

I recently had to do this on a Apple Imac, not a simple process!

Contact service center.
raykok
Punch Card
Views: 9,496
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for all the suggestion. I somehow manage to get the disk out by sheer luck. I found that the disk is bent a little bit and that most like is the reason why it got stuck. It is a lesson for me to check carefully the physical condition of a disk before putting it into any slot-loading drive!
gnat
What's DOS?
Views: 9,036
Message 7 of 8

Solution for disk not ejecting. U400 Lenovo

So earlier today i stupidly put a cd disk into my laptop upsidedown, only to find i then couldn't get it out. I read many forums all saying to get it taken apart and take it out which i didn't like the sound of so carryed of trying random commands to try and get it to release my disk. After almost giving up i restarted my computer and pressed F12 to enter the bios, it loaded somthing on the screen i pressed FN and eject and it ejected in seconds.  so if your disk is stuck even if you didn't put it in upside down and your operating system doesn't recognise it do exactly this f12 on boot up and then fn and the eject key     (i have a U400 lenovo) I also use ubuntu and found loads of people with ejecting problems had ubuntu but i can only guess it is just the same on a windows operating system i just didn't search them.

gnat
What's DOS?
Views: 9,038
Message 8 of 8

So earlier today i stupidly put a cd disk into my laptop upsidedown, only to find i then couldn't get it out. I read many forums all saying to get it taken apart and take it out which i didn't like the sound of so carryed of trying random commands to try and get it to release my disk. After almost giving up i restarted my computer and pressed F12 to enter the bios, it loaded somthing on the screen i pressed FN and eject and it ejected in seconds.  so if your disk is stuck even if you didn't put it in upside down and your operating system doesn't recognise it do exactly this f12 on boot up and then fn and the eject key     (i have a U400 lenovo) I also use ubuntu and found loads of people with ejecting problems had ubuntu but i can only guess it is just the same on a windows operating system i just didn't search them.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors