cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rudranil
Paper Tape
Views: 1,092
Message 1 of 5

U41-70 - 2 battery problems (Battery not charging and charge loss in shutdown mode): Model Lenovo U41-70

I am facing the below given 2 problems with the battery of a brand new lenovo U41-70 i5 Red model.

1. The plugged in but not charging error. Some suggestions in the web ask the user to remove the battery and change some stuff in the device drivers, but in my model the battery is not removable.

2. The battery dissipates a lot of charge while in complete switched off mode (not in sleep, nor hibernated). I have also disabled the windows fast boot mode from the power options, but doesn't work.

To give an estimate, in approximately 9 hours of shutdown (and the charging removed) the battery dissipates from a full 100 to 70%.

Note: I have updated the laptop which came with Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. Hence, the system is running on windows 10 now. The laptop is 10 days old.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,074
Message 2 of 5

Re: U41-70 - 2 battery problems (Battery not charging and charge loss in shutdown mode): Model Lenov

Hi Rudranil,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with battery in your Lenovo U41-70 laptop.

Check with different battery and different adapter if available, check if there are any damage in the port, also try to uninstall the Microsoft ACPI and check for the issue. To uninstall go to device manager and select batteries option and select the drop down and select Microsoft ACPI control method battery option and right click and select uninstall.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Rudranil
Paper Tape
Views: 1,069
Message 3 of 5

Re: U41-70 - 2 battery problems (Battery not charging and charge loss in shutdown mode): Model Lenov

I don't have a spare battery or a charger, so, I am unable to test that.

Otherwise, I had trying uninstalling the drivers etc. but didn't work.

Also, what is the solution for the battery discharging in the shut-down mode? Is it a faulty battery problem??

Regards

Rudranil

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,065
Message 4 of 5

Hi Rudranil,

Try to update the BIOS and check for the issue.

Click here for the BIOS update for windows 7,8,8.1 and 10.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Rudranil
Paper Tape
Views: 1,049
Message 5 of 5

C:\BIOS\BDCN61WW>WinFlash64 /file BDCN61WW.cap /silent /cvar /bcp /bbl /sd /sn /cac /cbp 30 /shutdown

Phoenix SCT Flash for Windows V2.0.0.0, Build 140307
Copyright (c) 2011-2014 Phoenix Technologies Ltd.

The tool will start flashing in 5 seconds, press ESC to abort.
SecureFlash BIOS detected.
Read BIOS image from file.
Initialize Flash module.
Read current BIOS.

WARNING:
Rollback flash is disabled in BIOS, build date time check was not skipped.

ERROR 182 - BIOS image is equal or older than ROM! Status = 14.

C:\BIOS\BDCN61WW>

This is the error that I get while trying to update the BIOS. I guess the bios is already updated to this version?

Regards

Rudranil

Top Kudoed Authors