Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
technomike
What's DOS?
Views: 208
Message 1 of 2

U410 - New SSD installation question.

Hi there,

I have just purchased this lenovo ideapad u410 from someone, and they have installed a fresh copy of windows 10 on it. It still has the recovery partition etc intact, so I still have use of the one button recovery.

This model does however have an 1tb HDD along with an 24gb SSD which has been upgraded to 64gb SSD for quick boot etc.

The installation at the moment is all on the HDD and the SSD is not being used. I would like to have Windows installed on this, so I can keep it seperate and make use of the quick boot features.

My question is, how can I use the recovery to re-install windows to the SSD instead of the HDD and make use of the quick boot feature.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of problem.

Guru
Views: 187
Message 2 of 2

Re: U410 - New SSD installation question.

Hey there. First, you want to get the Microsoft Windows 10 Download tool, linked here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10. After that, you want to format your SSD, and then install Windows on it with this tool. Now keep in mind that Windows will disable quick boot feature since the SSD is already very fast. What you can do with that 1TB HDD is to make it your documents, pictures, download drive. Feel free to reply back if you have any issues. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors