Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rameshiyer
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,213
Message 1 of 8

U410 fails to boot

Have seen similar posts, but no one said It has been resolved. I got this idela pad U410 about a year ago and it was functioning nornally. A few months ago it started to boot up very slowly when power cycles. A hibernate was quick. Now it never comes up and keeps waiting at the Lenovo screen, no windows. I have seen posts that say it is a manufacturing defect. This one is out of warranty, so what is the solution. Do we have a solution at all? Why does Lenovo market such a bad product. BTW, the back cover is so flimsy that it gave up and had to replace it. Overall a case of bad engineering i guess. Sorry that I bought this one.....

novocane
Punch Card
Views: 2,179
Message 2 of 8

Re: U410 fails to boot

@rameshiyer wrote:

Have seen similar posts, but no one said It has been resolved. I got this idela pad U410 about a year ago and it was functioning nornally. A few months ago it started to boot up very slowly when power cycles. A hibernate was quick. Now it never comes up and keeps waiting at the Lenovo screen, no windows. I have seen posts that say it is a manufacturing defect. This one is out of warranty, so what is the solution. Do we have a solution at all? Why does Lenovo market such a bad product. BTW, the back cover is so flimsy that it gave up and had to replace it. Overall a case of bad engineering i guess. Sorry that I bought this one.....

If this is hangs coming out of sleep/hibernation - it's most likely due to bugs in the "Intel Rapid Start Technology" driver.

Uninstall the program and it should fix things (though your bootup may be marginally slower without it).

rameshiyer
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,171
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the reply, Will try it out, but I need to get it to boot up first.

rameshiyer
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,167
Message 4 of 8

Hi,

This worked for me.

1. The Initial lenovo screen was coming up very slowly. We elimitaed one the DIMMS and that got resolved. However it would boot ver slowly after 15/20 mins.

2. We knocked off the SSD card from its slot it was sandisk and things are back to normal now.

Georgez
Paper Tape
Views: 979
Message 5 of 8

got same issue, can't boot up my U410

Georgez
Paper Tape
Views: 978
Message 6 of 8

How to uninstall it? I need bootup first

Georgez
Paper Tape
Views: 975
Message 7 of 8

Want to understand how did you uninstalled that bug driver?
skottmorris
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 500
Message 8 of 8

What does "We knocked off the SSD card from its slot" mean? Did you open the case and take the internal SSD out? What proceure did you follow for that? Is it okay to run without it? Did you need to change anything after removing the SSD?

I don't understand how this can be a solution when there is no information about what you actually did. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors