Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbroom
Punch Card
Views: 9,088
Message 1 of 22

U410 ideapad - No create recovery disk option

Hi,

Just become a lenovo ultrabook owner, U410. 1TB HDD, 32SDD and 8MB RAM.  Had it one day and still getting to grips with windows 8.

Anyway, I can't seem to find an option to create the recovery disks. I have plugged in a writtable DVD USB drive which windows sees. I shutdown, use the one key recovery button and boot into recovery mode. I don't get an option to create recovery disks, 

Restore from initial backup

REstore from users backup

If I use recovery in windows I only get the options to backup to an image file or restore from an image file.

Has anyone had this problem.? I have looked online and at the user manuals

http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/user_guides/u310_u410_ug_en.pdf

The above suggests that the recovery disk option should be there, when it isn't

Thanks in advance

Rob

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 9,080
Message 2 of 22

Re: U410 ideapad - No create recovery disk option

A post was removed

"No solicitation for, nor exchange of information that will aid or enable unethical, illegal, immoral or unsafe activities."

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 9,076
Message 3 of 22

Hi Rob, welcome to the forum,

the option to create recovery discs should be available in Windows under the "one Key Recovery" application, I believe it states as much in the hanbook you linked to.  Unfortunately I don't have a system at hand to check this, but I'm sure someone will be able to confirm or tell us I'm wrong.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

rbroom
Punch Card
Views: 9,057
Message 4 of 22

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your reply. When I open up the onekey recovery within windows, I get 2 options.

System Backup - If I choose this option I can backup to a system image

System Recovery - Which if I choose, reboots the computer into recovery mode, with no recovery disk option.

Its as if the option is unavailable. I assumed it was because I had no USB DVD writer plugged in to start, but even after plugging in the dvd writer, and windows finds it, I still get no option??

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance

Retired SuperMod
Retired SuperMod
Views: 8,982
Message 5 of 22

Hopefully the following information helps, received from a trustworthy third party.

Windows 8 offers it's own method to create a recovery drive, which will not burn discs, so you'll need at least an 8GB USB drive.

1.  Open the Start screen

2.  Type "create recovery"

3.  "Create a recovery drive" appears in the list of results, under "Settings"    (or simply run RecoveryDrive.exe)

4.  Follow on-screen instructions.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Andy  

Forum Search Option

PepperonI blog 

rbroom
Punch Card
Views: 8,783
Message 6 of 22

Bit late I know.

I have managed to use the recovery in windows 8 to create a USB boot flash disk. I haven't tried it yet though as I don't want to wipe my computer. May contact Lenovo to get some disks sent out too. 

Seriously thinking of installing a 256 SSD drive into the laptop and trying to install/restore onto this.? Think it will let me or do you think I'll need to get the disks? 

scresp0
Paper Tape
Views: 8,265
Message 7 of 22

I've got EXACTLY the same problem: No Factory DVD recovery DVD option exists when I open OneKey Recover even with a blank DVD inserted in my external DVD burner.

Any solution, please??

Thanks

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 8,259
Message 8 of 22

hi scresp0,

can you try to start-up your computer by pressing one key recover button and check if there's an option to burn dvds?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
scresp0
Paper Tape
Views: 8,230
Message 9 of 22

Hi,

I've just tried but the only options are:

Normal Boot

Bios Setup

Boot Setup

Rescue System

...and over Rescue System,

once it boots, I just have the option to make a factory reset, or restore from a previous backup.

But this is really a problem.. There's no way to burn a rescue DVD!! :-???

Any help will be welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 8,215
Message 10 of 22

there may be another suggestion. it may work but it may also break your one key recover system. so if you want, use this suggestion at you own risk:

un-install the current one key recover, restart your computer and re-install the previous version(from the lenovo download page, by selecting a model y570/y560 > then you should be able to old version) and try again.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors