Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CurlyBrackets
Paper Tape
Views: 10,873
Message 1 of 6

U410 stuck in boot loop

Salutations everyone,

Recently I purchased a u410 and it has been running great for a few weeks but this morning instead of waking up from hibernation like normal it seems to be stuck in a loop of displaying the lenovo logo then a blank screen with a few seconds on each. This has been running continously for hours while I try to run down battery in an attempt to reset. I have no bios access during the loop and it will not boot to any usb media. I am now wondering what I should do since it already has data migrated from my old machine and don't exactly want to start over. Is there anything that can be done other than returning it or sending it to lenovo support?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 10,830
Message 2 of 6

Re: U410 stuck in boot loop

hi CurlyBrackets,

Welcome to the Forums.

If the reboot loop goes to the Lenovo logo where the white dots goes in circles, try to Interrupt the loading of Windows 8 to enter push-button reset mode (this is like a recovery environment to restore the pc fromr previous working state). To do this, hold the power button while on the Lenovo logo with the white dots going in circles. loading (you need to do this 2-3 times).

If successful, it'll run Automatic Repair and if it fails, you'll see this screen:

- Link to picture

Click on Advanced Options and from there you can:

1. Follow this guide to enable booting into Safe Mode, If everything's ok, try to restart the computer in normal mode and observe

2. Do a System Restore to undo the changes

3  Refresh your Windows 8 PC  or reset windows 8 (note that this will wipe the computer clean)

If the problem remains and the steps above doesn't work, the HDD/SSD maybe showing signs of malfunction and you may need to send the unit for service.

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

CurlyBrackets
Paper Tape
Views: 10,808
Message 3 of 6

No white dots, didn't even get that far. I solved it earlier today and it turns out that it was a corrupt hibernation file that was causing the issue. Deleted that and everything was good. Thank you for the reply though, it might come in handy in the future for myself or if others stumble across this thresd.
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 10,784
Message 4 of 6

@CurlyBrackets wrote:
No white dots, didn't even get that far. I solved it earlier today and it turns out that it was a corrupt hibernation file that was causing the issue. Deleted that and everything was good. Thank you for the reply though, it might come in handy in the future for myself or if others stumble across this thresd.

How did you make the test and delete the file when your unit is in a boot loop?

Elgarcia1027
Paper Tape
Views: 8,552
Message 5 of 6

I also want to know how he did it with it being in boot loop?
madhuleo
What's DOS?
Views: 4,354
Message 6 of 6

Lenova IdeaPad p400 touch- stuck in boot loop for ages

Hi,

I tried to reset/format the pc after some time it stucked on boot loop and never completed I left whole night and tried many times ( 20 times) power off and on, never come to see the Automatic Repair screen at all and I dont have any disc. how to resove this please help !!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors