Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GethPrime
Blue Screen Again
Views: 195
Message 1 of 1

U430 Touch airplane mode key not working/ Static noises/ OneKey recovery

1. I own a U430 Touch now since a few days. I swapped the HDD out for a SSD and did a clean install of Win10 and installed all drivers offered on the support page. It seems that Im missing the energy management driver (which is required for using the dedicated airplane mode key) with the utility.exe or something but I cant find that energy management driver anywhere. Can somebody point me to a fix for that issue? Or if there is none is there a work around?

2. I noticed that the notebook makes strange static noises which originate from the speakers. No matter if the volume is turned up or down or mute is engaged, the static noise persists. Is this a defect or a software issue? The driver offered on the lenovo support page for speakers is from RealTek.

3. I would like to use OneKey recovery which tells me upon creating a back up that my device does not support this funtion. Is there an updated version of onekey for win 10? (Im using the version from 8.1 since I couldnt find any other). Onekey works fine on my y500.

thanks in advance

edit: I cloned the factory hdd to the ssd and upgraded to win10 (took ages) and uninstaled most of the bloatware. Airplane mode key works fine but now the brightnes cant be changed (no matter if by physical key or in energy settings, the brightnes slider isnt even there). Also got the energy management application carried over but even through that brightnes cant be adjusted. the nVidia driver also is unresponsive no matter if re installed or updated. so I guess Ill wipe the ssd and clean install win10 again.  lenovo what are you doing?

Mod's Edit: Please keep in mind that these forums are accessed by people of all ages. Profanity and attempted profanity by circumventing the profanity filter is prohibited by Forum Rules and have been removed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors