Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jellington90
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,096
Message 1 of 4

U430 Touch touchpad continues scrolling when fingers reach edge of pad

Hello all,

I've recently bought an Ideapad U430 Touch, and I love it.  I have one complaint: when I use two-finger scrolling, if I move my fingers to the top or bottom edge of the touchpad, the scrolling will continue automatically (even if my fingers are not moving).  This is not what I want.

I have the most recent Synaptics drivers obtained from Lenovo's website.  I have looked under Synaptics settings for a way to disable this 'feature', but have come up empty (this is different than edge motion, which I have disabled).  Google hasn't been of much help, either.  

Any ideas?  Also, side question: is it possible to customize the touchpad edge-swipe gestures?  I don't understand why they can't be changed from Synaptics settings.

Thanks!

jellington90
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,042
Message 2 of 4

Re: U430 Touch touchpad continues scrolling when fingers reach edge of pad

Anybody? Smiley Sad

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,034
Message 3 of 4

Hi
I don't think it is a problem since i have seen various models of various brands having this. Though, you may check the touchpad setting once since i don't have synaptics touchpad in my laptop.

Happy New Year!!
Regards

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
rriegner
What's DOS?
Views: 1,716
Message 4 of 4

I too would like to disable this feature, but there is no setting in the default driver settings to disable that particular feature. I tried to install the generic driver straight from Synaptics, but the installation kept failing (no error code, just generic failure), even after uninstalling the factory driver. Does anyone have a solution for disabling this or installing the generic driver?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors