Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bananakorps
What's DOS?
Views: 461
Message 1 of 2

U430 problem with the touchpad

Just recently bought the U430, on top of the wifi periodically kicking me, the most annoying problem I have with this laptop has to be that the touchpad is just WEIRD.

It would often stop working, in the sense that I can right & left click ok, so I know it's not disconnected, however I cannot move the mouse, it would just stuck there. I've tried F6 which is locking/unlocking screen and it still doesn't work. Is this a configuration problem or a manufactuere defect?

Also any one knows how to adjust the contrast of the screen? I only see brightness adjust buttom on the keyboard.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 427
Message 2 of 2

Re: U430 problem with the touchpad

Hi Bananakorps,

Welcome to Lenovo forums

As I understood that you are facing the issue with touchpad of your U430.

Try to re-install the touchpad drivers and check for the issue.

Also connect the external mouse and check if the issue persist.

As you have also mentioned there is a issue with screen contrast, there is is a key in keypad to adjust f11 to decrease the brightness and f12 to increase the brightness, the hotkey feature must be enabled.

• To enable the hot key feature go to BIOS->configuration.
  • Under configuration you will option as hotkey mode, press enter then you will have 2 option as enable and disable select enable and press fn+f10 to save and exit.
  • The system restarts now and boots to windows, press f11 or f12 to adjust the contrast.

Hope this helps! Do post us back for further queries.

Best regards,    

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors