Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreasAH
What's DOS?
Views: 698
Message 1 of 4

U430 touchpad continues scrolling after lifting one finger

So i just recivece my new u430, and overall i'm pretty happy.

I have a few issues with the touchpad though. There's no way of deactivating the fact that it keeps scrolling when my fingers reach the bottom or top of the touchpad. This is annoying, as i can't see when it will start scrolling automatically, it just suddenly starts.

Another thing is that when i start scrolling with two fingers, and then lift a finger to navigate the mouse instead, it keeps scrolling until i lift both fingers off the trackpad, and then i can start to navigate. This feels very unneccessary, and it didn't do this on my old Asus computer. 

Is there a general workaround for the sloppy driver, or do i have to live with these "features"?

Best regards,

Andreas

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 668
Message 2 of 4

Re: U430 touchpad continues scrolling after lifting one finger

Hi AndreasAH,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with touchpad not scrolling in your U430 laptop.

Try to reduce the touchpad sensitivity and check for the issue. Also try to uninstall the driver and reinstall the driver and check for the issue.

Click here for the drivers for windows 7 and 8.

Click here for the drivers for windows 8.1.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

AndreasAH
What's DOS?
Views: 643
Message 3 of 4

It's actually not that it doesn't scroll, it's the quite opposite. It scrolls automatically when i reach the bottom and top of the touchpad. Is it possible to turn this off? And again, it also keeps scrolling when i lift one finger off the touchpad and keep the other one on the touchpad. In this situation it should just reverse to controlling the mouse, but it doesn't. It keeps scrolling with only one finger. I find this annoying as i have to lift the finger off the touchpad. 

It has nothing to do with the sensitivity, i have tried adjusting that. 

Best regards, 

Andreas Høybye

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 627
Message 4 of 4

Hi AndreasAH,

Thanks for the reply.

Try to uninstall the driver and check for the issue, also try to boot the system to safe mode and check for the issue.  If still the issue persists then try to update the BIOs and check for the issue.

Click here for the BIOIS update.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,    

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors