Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

12-17-2013

Portland, OR

2 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 1

U510 -- Known wi-fi issues and replacing your own?

2013-12-17, 3:46 AM

Hi all,

First post here, and I have a pretty simple question. I purchased a U510 knowing that I could be facing some wi-fi and touchpad issues. So far my touchpad seems fine, but the wi-fi is indeed cutting out and seems to only be fixed by a restart. Since I've read elsewhere that Lenovo has confirmed that at least the U310 and 410s have a known hardware issue, and since I've read that updating drivers doesn't help, I'm going to assume that across the board this wireless card sucks.

I don't necessarily want to bother returning my laptop to be serviced because my best guess is that they'll just replace it with another similar model of wireless card (and I've heard more people say it didn't help them, too) My question is, does anyone know if I can find a different brand of wireless card that's compatible with the U510 but isn't this brand? I know that I can probably replace it myself if so, or at least hire someone to (since this case seems really hard to take apart, compared to my old HP, heh). If not, I might consider just sending this thing back.

Thanks! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms