Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnilsson
Paper Tape
Views: 508
Message 1 of 3

U510 won't boot after installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology

I recently had to reinstall Windows 7 on my U510 after some virus/malware destroyed the boot record. After doing so I attempt to install the Intel Rapid Storage Technology and after rebooting  Windows launches its repair functionality. It runs for several minutes and is unable to repair and I can't get to the OS. Any ideas? I've subsequently re-installed Windows 7 and have not attempted another install of that software. Isn't this software necessary to take advantage of the SSD and swapping between the HDD and SDD? Thanks in advance!

Guru
Views: 505
Message 2 of 3

Re: U510 won't boot after installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Take a look at this thread.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/How-can-I-enable-U530-to-have-Intel-Rapid-...

IRST only manages storage. You will need the software mentioned in that thread in post 2, but just check since that thread is for U530.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
cnilsson
Paper Tape
Views: 468
Message 3 of 3

Re: U510 won't boot after installing Intel Rapid Storage Technology

Thanks rockykoston! I did check that link and that ExpressCache software doesn't appear to be supported on a U510. At least it wasn't listed. If that was required, I wonder why Lenovo doesn't include that in their list of drivers for the U510. Weird. I'll have to look into that further.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors