Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gustavogerent
Blue Screen Again
Views: 310
Message 1 of 2

U530 - Rapid Mode / 2 SSDs

Hey guys, what's up?

Yesterday I was studying an upgrade in my U530 and I've decided to go with memory upgrade... but my question is about another thing.

Since I bought my laptop in 2014 I changed the internal 500GB HDD for a 120GB SSD (where SO is installed) and turned on the rapid mode on that (samsung magician). Just yesterday I realized that the internal 16GB SSD M2 that comes with that has not been used since that because anything is configured to use that, so...

What's the best options to use that and get more performance?

1- Install ExpressCache? (even it was designed to be used when you have a HHD - ExpressCache uses the SSD as an intelligent cache, coupled with an HDD, to improve overall system performance and greatly speed up Windows PC startup, application launches and data access)

2- Format that and use like a secondary drive and set the pagefile.sys or system recovery on that?

3- Sell that because it's not necessary when you have a faster SSD

4- Any other option

Thanks a lot!

gustavogerent
Blue Screen Again
Views: 277
Message 2 of 2

Re: U530 - Rapid Mode / 2 SSDs

Hey guys,

EDIT: 

I've installed ExpressCache to see if it increases performance but the SSD is much faster than 16GB M2 and anything has changed, only more 1GB memory and prossessing used by ExpressCache, already removed. Smiley Very Happy

Other options?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors