cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Views: 7,847

Question

I just purchased an Ideapad U530 Touch with Windows 8.1.   It's a nice laptop, however, I can no longer do HDMI cleanly with my Samsung TV.  My other laptop which used the same HDMI cable worked flawlessly with video and audio though.

A summary of what I've tried with HDMI cable attached:

• Went to "Playback Devices".  Couldn't find anything there but "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)" and my Soundspot Bluetooth speaker.  Also tried to show disabled devices - but nothing new popped up.
  • Went to Device Manager and noticed "High Definition Audio Device" with a warning that the "device could not start (Code 10)".  Tried uninstalling the device and its driver as well as re-installing and scanning for device but with no success.
  • Tried switching HDMI cables with another one I know works. No luck.
  • Tried updating Realtek drivers with these but still no luck.  No High Definition Audio devices appeared and still have that warning in Device Manager
  • Tried updating the Nvidia 730M drivers with the 3/10/2014 update.  Not helping.

I noticed that I have two Display Adapters in the Device Manager - the Intel HD Graphics Family one and the Nvidia GeForce GT 730M driver.  

Answer

The following step could address this:

1. Check that the HDMI output is connected directly to the Intel HD. 
  2. Uninstall Intel HD under Device Manager >> Control Panel>> Device Manager 
  3. Place a check under the prompt "Delete driver software for this device" , then restart your computer and install this :  Intel Video Driver for 64-bit Windows 

Was this information helpful?

Comments
roey

I'm afraid I'm having a similar problem that I couldn't resolve.

I'm using a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (Windows 8.1 x64 bit), with an extended diaplay using a Sumasung monitor S24C750 with HDMI-micro-HDMI cable, and cannot hear audio through the Samsung monitor speakers.

In Control Panel \ Hardware and Sound \ Sound \ Playback I see two options (disabled and disconneted devices are visible):

1) S24C750 (Intel(R) Display Audio)

2) Speakers  (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Even when I set the S24C750 as default device I get no sound. Its driver version is 6.16.0.3123 (driver date 8/29/2013) and when I try updating its driver I get the "Windows has determined the driver sodtware for your device is up to date" message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am feeling quite lost now.

Best

RugerRedhawk

This is still a problem for me using all the latest drivers, this unit from lenovo seems to have a lot of driver issues....

RugerRedhawk

Follow up, the suggested solution above worked! I already had this driver installed, was it the act of installing the driver while HDMI was hooked up that made the difference?