Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mohitgupta_ynr
Blue Screen Again
Views: 981
Message 1 of 4

Unresolved Hinge and USB Problem with Ideapad U400

Hi, 

I have Ideapad U400, purchased in last September. Nearly 6-7 month later, I started facing multiple issues in laptop like, 

• Touchpad was not working properly, and eventually it stops working completely.
  • Battery was showing warning
  • USB is giving problem while copying large amount of data (File not found message, and USB Drive seems empty in explorer)
  • Laptop hinge starts giving a 'click' type noise

It was not a pleasant experience to face these many issues in initial few months of purchase. I contacted Lenovo service center, and submitted my laptop for repair with all these four issues and stating that they can format machine if required. I have already tried by re-installing the USB and touchpad drivers.

Model - Ideapad U400

Laptop serial no - WBxxxxxxxx
MO No - WB0203190Q

Warranty up to - 21-09-2013

Service Report Form number: 112095

Place - Singapore

Touchpad and battery were replaced, many thanks for that. For USB, I got answer that I should format machine and it should resolve it. I asked why solution was not tried even once or tested when machine is here since two weeks. There was no answer, other than that please try it yourself. I tried, but problem is still the same. Now it is furstrating to travel for 3 hours and submit machine again for few days. 

For Hinge, I have been told that it can not be repaired and concerned department will call me for this. Few days later, I got the call. I have been told that a hinge problem is not common in this laptop and hence it can not be repaired. It could be a physical damage. I was not convinced, as to me, it does not seem to be a physical damage. Hinge cover is getting loose and making noise and it is increasing gradually. Even having problem with touchpad, battery and USB in initial few months is not common, still it happened. Hinge can also be defected. I have found related reporting on forum also. I am using laptops since many years now and never seen such issue in initial few months. I reported my concern that it should be repaired. I requested to escalate the issue and get a solution for this. 

I didn't got any response and solution till now. Problem is increasing with every use even after all care. I mostly used Dell laptops, however, thought to have Lenovo this time considering its good manufacturing quality. This kind of experience in initial few months of use is not pleasant.

Any help would be highly appreciated to resolve these issues. Thanks.

Moderator Note; s/n edited for member's own protection

mohitgupta_ynr
Blue Screen Again
Views: 945
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unresolved Hinge and USB Problem with Ideapad U400

Looking forward for inputs on this issue, or how can we take it to next level for support. Thanks.

mohitgupta_ynr
Blue Screen Again
Views: 915
Message 3 of 4

After discussing the issue for few weeks now, I got the answer that Hinge problem (which is a major problem) can not be covered under gurantee as it could be a physical damage. And I am not convinced that how it can be a physical damage. I am an experienced user and never mishandled my machine. 

There seems to be many good technical person on this group, can anyone help me to understand how this can be a physical damage. 

- gaps in lower bottom of hinge on both sides initially

- Then gaps on top sides also

- Now Gaps further starts showing in screen cover also

If a normal use can result in such situation, this is really bad quality of manufacturing then and must be taken care of. 

As of now, it is really disappointed to purchase a new laptop and seeing it becoming useless in initial few months only. Many issues in initial months, repeated visits to service center at odd location after travelling 3 hours, getting repeated problems in touchpad and unsolved issues, this is not what a customer can expect, in Singapore. 

A very Bad experience. Can any experienced member on this group help to understand these issues. Or to me it seems like a defective piece is sold to customer and now an abstract policy wording is used to cover the issues without giving any convincing solution. This is not something which can make #1 worldwide.

mohitgupta_ynr
Blue Screen Again
Views: 891
Message 4 of 4

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors