Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo U and S Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

10-22-2012

Canada

20 Signins

164 Page Views

• Views: 164
  • Message 1 of 2

Upgraded U410 TO Windows 8 But Not Using SSD :/

2012-10-22, 3:04 AM

Hi guys,

I bought my ideapad U410 and since then I've been running W7. Recently my University sent me an email to get Windows 8 because they have a deal with Dreamspark or something where we can get free Windows programs. I decided to get Windows 8 and after playing with it, I like it so far.

Unfortunately, Ive noticed that boot times and the general speed of the OS although very good, is nowhere near as good as my old W7. This is largely due to the fact that before I upgraded, my W7 was running on the SSD but this upgrade to W8 is on the HDD.

IS there anyway to redo the whole process and make Windows 8 run on the SSD to make it faster??

Thanks 

Options

1244 Posts

11-02-2011

India

1456 Signins

9967 Page Views

• Views: 9967
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Upgraded U410 TO Windows 8 But Not Using SSD :/

2012-10-25, 8:34 AM

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

Please refer below  link for complete installation details

http://support.lenovo.com/en_IL/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&LegacyDocID=12870415982811

Do give this a try and let us know  

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms