Germany

4 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 4

Webcam on Lenovo U400 not working.

2014-07-05, 6:29 AM

Hello community,

I have tried to figure out a solution to this issue on my own, yet to no avail. The camera on my laptop isn't recognized by skype or web applications that request access to it. I tried upgrading the drivers, but it didn't change anything. Is there any solution I haven't tried yet? I seriously doubt the camera is broken, as this laptop hasn't been dropped to the ground or anything like it.

Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Views: 47537
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Webcam on Lenovo U400 not working.

2014-07-09, 11:51 AM

Hi Electronegative,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

I’m sorry to hear that the webcam is not working in your U400 Laptop, please let me know if the webcam enable’s when you press Fn+F9 keys together.

Hope to hear back soon

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

07-05-2014

Germany

4 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 3 of 4

2014-07-09, 14:49 PM

Hello Shiva,

trust me, that was one of the first things I did. It didn't work. According to the Device MAnager, all drivers are up-to-date, as well.

I've noticed that the little light next to the camera lights up, but that's about it. For some reason the camera stopped working sometime earlier this year and I don'T know why.

Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Views: 47537
  • Message 4 of 4

2014-07-10, 5:24 AM

Hi Electronegative,

As the webcam is not working even after trying to enable it, re-installing drivers and same with Skype/ Web this issue seems to be hardware related. This issue can be confirmed by performing OSRI (Operating System Re-Installation).

NOTE: Please backup the data in the computer before performing OSRI, as the data will be completely erased.

If the issue persists even after performing OSRI, I would suggest you to contact our Technical Support for further Assistance to get the details of the nearest Authorized Service Center to get the issue analyzed.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Do post us back for further queries.

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete